Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Careless driving FFS  (Read 554 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Careless driving FFS
« on: 22 March 2024, 09:31:31 »

Read summat tother day that actually boiled my piss >:(

Bicyclists and motorbicyclists are actively encouraged to swerve around anything in the road that might make them fall off regardless of the fact that the reason they haven't spotted said anything is because they're either speeding/tailgating/filtering (whatever the fruck that's supposed to be...  :-X) and drivers are taught to expect all of the above and make allowances for all of it at the same time.

Yet...

If a car drivers even thinks to make such an avoiding manoeuvre they risk being prosecuted for careless driving with a ridiculous fine and potentially lose their licence. Presumably if you crash as a result of ripping a wheel off in a pothole the size of Birmingham whilst trying to avoid splatting a filtering motorbicyclist you get charged with careless driving for the whole thing.

I understand that being unlicensed and uninsured vermin, bicyclists are basically untouchable, but having presumably passed some sort of test aren't motorbicyclists held to the same account as any other driver ??? In which case what's good for the goose and all that.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Careless driving FFS
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2024, 09:53:50 »

Blessed are the potholes for they subdue said two wheelers👍
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2024, 11:11:56 »

Read summat tother day that actually boiled my piss >:(

Bicyclists and motorbicyclists are actively encouraged to swerve around anything in the road that might make them fall off regardless of the fact that the reason they haven't spotted said anything is because they're either speeding/tailgating/filtering (whatever the fruck that's supposed to be...  :-X) and drivers are taught to expect all of the above and make allowances for all of it at the same time.

Yet...

If a car drivers even thinks to make such an avoiding manoeuvre they risk being prosecuted for careless driving with a ridiculous fine and potentially lose their licence. Presumably if you crash as a result of ripping a wheel off in a pothole the size of Birmingham whilst trying to avoid splatting a filtering motorbicyclist you get charged with careless driving for the whole thing.

I understand that being unlicensed and uninsured vermin, bicyclists are basically untouchable, but having presumably passed some sort of test aren't motorbicyclists held to the same account as any other driver ??? In which case what's good for the goose and all that.

Aaaaand breath......      ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2024, 12:21:51 »

Indeedy  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2024, 14:15:00 »

Bicyclists & Horse riders should not be allowed on the road without Insurance (and some sort of certificate to prove they are worthy to be on the road) they are unpredicable  and unsafe towards motorists the road.

Rant/rave  over.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.