Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown  (Read 6231 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Lockdown
« on: 22 March 2017, 15:17:41 »

Looks like we have a nutter running around loose with a knife in the Palace of Westminster  :(

Also people run down on Westminster Bridge  :(

The area is in complete lockdown  :(

Keep safe people  ;)

STEMO

Re: Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2017, 15:22:08 »

Policeman stabbed, people run down with a car, attacker shot. They interrupted my afternoon tv for this  :(

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2017, 15:24:05 »

Even though the attacker was dressed as a man, witnesses said they were very short, had reddish hair and a Scottish accent.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2017, 15:29:10 »

Even though the attacker was dressed as a man, witnesses said they were very short, had reddish hair and a Scottish accent.

What? Que?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2017, 15:31:42 »

What? Que?
Well....it might have been wee krankie, finally gone mental.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2017, 15:32:37 »

I know I really shouldn't joke, but I've become impervious to it all.  ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2017, 15:34:22 »

We,ve got enough nutters in both the Commons and the Lords now, we don,t need any more thanks. Now being reported to death. :o

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2017, 15:35:47 »

I wonder if when we see the inevitable footage that people just stood around or worse were oblivious. Two that occurred recently were the people just watching the woman coming out of that swirling mud debris and the airport attack. Maybe people can only see things close to like a mobile phone screen.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 March 2017, 15:55:46 »

I wonder if when we see the inevitable footage that people just stood around or worse were oblivious. Two that occurred recently were the people just watching the woman coming out of that swirling mud debris and the airport attack. Maybe people can only see things close to like a mobile phone screen.

You're misjudging people badly here. Of course they wouldn't be standing around oblivious.

They'd be filming it on their mobile phones. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 March 2017, 16:08:34 »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes like the folk in Peru being swept away in the floods in a bus.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2017, 16:21:49 »

. .

Yes most people don't notice or hear much at all , because of the work I do attended a weeks course last week which included a session on mindfulness, very interesting  but you have to totally retrain your mind.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2017, 16:26:56 by Tilbo »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 March 2017, 16:58:26 »

Yes most people don't notice or hear much at all , because of the work I do attended a weeks course last week which included a session on mindfulness, very interesting  but you have to totally retrain your mind.

.. and have a functioning one in the first place. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 22 March 2017, 17:10:02 »

.. and have a functioning one in the first place. ;)

The human brain can be your best friend or  your biggest enemy.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 March 2017, 17:43:52 »

We,ve got enough nutters in both the Commons and the Lords now, we don,t need any more thanks. Now being reported to death. :o
Fear not, said nutter was shot three times within five seconds of charging the gate.
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 22 March 2017, 17:47:26 »

The problem being there are loads more out there, just heard that the Police Officer who was stabbed has died.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2017, 17:52:57 »

The problem being there are loads more out there, just heard that the Police Officer who was stabbed has died.
Unfortunately an occupational hazard. By no means right or just, but sadly a sign of the times.

Equally the pedestrians on the bridge were sadly in the wrong place at the wrong time... Could just have easily been a taxi or bus driver having a heart attack as an act of malice  :'(

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 March 2017, 18:55:38 »

Fear not, said nutter was shot three times within five seconds of charging the gate.

I think that bastard is still alive though >:(

Edi,t no he's not if reports are correct
« Last Edit: 22 March 2017, 19:00:22 by henryd »
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 March 2017, 19:37:23 »

Ring of steel around the palace but an access gate open during the day , the price you pay for democracy where the public can gain access to their M.P.s

As previously stated it is an occupational hazard but very sad none the less. :( :(
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 22 March 2017, 19:42:24 »

Ring of steel around the palace but an access gate open during the day , the price you pay for democracy where the public can gain access to their M.P.s

As previously stated it is an occupational hazard but very sad none the less. :( :(
I see wee Jimmy refused to halt proceedings at Holyrood. Said we were not going to let the terrorists win. Hmmmmmm....I'm not so sure that was really the reason.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 March 2017, 19:43:09 »

I see wee Jimmy refused to halt proceedings at Holyrood. Said we were not going to let the terrorists win. Hmmmmmm....I'm not so sure that was really the reason.  ;D
Was it prerecorded?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 March 2017, 19:46:26 »

British Police at its finest at a terrible time, 3 shots fired & scum bag hit 3 times and dead. In America 150 rounds would have been let loose, with one hitting the target.

I walked over that Bridge 4 times just 2 weeks ago and walked right past Westminster. Poor people, wrong place, wrong time.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 22 March 2017, 19:54:27 »

Was it prerecorded?
No. They were having a debate on how feasible it would be to invade England, and she wanted to do it this afternoon while we were distracted.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2017, 19:58:00 »

Was it prerecorded?
No. They were having a debate on how feasible it would be to invade England, and she wanted to do it this afternoon while we were distracted.

She must have seen your post the other day when you said we should lock the gates on a Saturday night when they're all pissed!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2017, 23:50:19 »

Maybe I misheard, but I thought she was first out of there. !!!!!
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2017, 00:18:57 »

Maybe I misheard, but I thought she was first out of there. !!!!!
That was mother MAY.. it was one of them "protect the president things like on the yank films"

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 March 2017, 07:59:14 »

My sincerest condolences to the families of the innocents who lost their lives and my best wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 March 2017, 11:51:00 »

:y  seen on the tube yesterday

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 March 2017, 11:56:27 »

Was that before or after they closed the station due the H&S Policy on someone saying 'I think Ive just seen a Mouse on the Tracks'  ::)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 March 2017, 12:09:49 »

Was that before or after they closed the station due the H&S Policy on someone saying 'I think Ive just seen a Mouse on the Tracks'  ::)

Knives, guns, bombs and vehicle weapons would be the responsibility of the security services, mice are the responsibility of TFL so TFL H&S Policy would kick in  ;)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 March 2017, 12:20:27 »

Just watched my local MP James Cleverly speaking in the commons. I already respected him as a good common sense bloke who has quickly become very involved in the local community, including walking his dog around the village, taking time to speak to anyone who wants a chat.
Aftr his speech, he went up enormously in my regard.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2017, 19:51:02 »

Transpires that my SIL was on Westminster Bridge with some colleagues following a head office meeting when it kicked off yesterday :o which kind of puts a perspective on it... :-\ fortunately they were towards the middle of the bridge.

Coincidentally Dad was working at Westminster Abbey Choir School when 7/7 kicked off...

Always expecting something to kick off at work as it's an industry that lends itself as a target, but I can't help but wonder at the thought processes inside the loons heads :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2017, 19:58:11 »

My daughter might have been in the area if it weren't for the fact she lost her job the day before. She normally walks across the bridge several times a week.
On 7/7 she was stuck on a train between Stratford / Liverpool street, which was concerning to say the least. I well remember us telling her to avoid trains, and if she could get off the one she was on she should catch a bus.
Shortly afterwards, a panicky phone call to say "ignore that, don't get on a bus whatever you do".
I thought I could stop worrying about terrorism when I left Belfast all those years ago. How wrong I was.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 March 2017, 20:05:52 »

Small mercy ;)

At work it's all or nothing... Fairly frequent unattended bits and bobs, the odd dumped car or a suspicious person, or "Everyone inside, the IRA have just mortared the runway", very little middle ground.

Surprisingly though, some people still think it's a good idea to hide geochemical tags in lunchboxes and cabletie them to posts and railings... I mean, really ???

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 March 2017, 10:04:32 »

I knew I had seen it......

'NICOLA Sturgeon made a swift exit from Holyrood as police swarmed the chamber amid news of the London terror attack, with Scottish parliament later postponing the vote on a second independence referendum.'

What would they want with a glorified Councillor !!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 March 2017, 10:22:35 »

have a look at the Video link below of the car going across the bridge, its been calculated speed of around 70mph, on the pavement  :o

TBH, at that speed and with a busy walk way, its a wonder a lot more people were not killed.  :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4340016/Footage-Westminster-Bridge-carnage.html#v-7859365142049699870

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 March 2017, 11:10:21 »

If ever there was an argument for not walking around with headphones on, gawking at your phone and oblivious to the world around you...  :(

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 March 2017, 11:35:49 »

If ever there was an argument for not walking around with headphones on, gawking at your phone and oblivious to the world around you...  :(

Absolutely !

I'm actually a bit surprised that the death toll is not higher. I know this bridge and it's usually crowded with foreign toursists taking selfies of themselves with Big Ben behind them.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 March 2017, 11:45:59 »

Absolutely !

I'm actually a bit surprised that the death toll is not higher. I know this bridge and it's usually crowded with foreign toursists taking selfies of themselves with Big Ben behind them.
Agreed, and dare I say it, compared to the previous attacks recently in Europe, I think we got away with this one quiet lightly by comparison.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 March 2017, 12:53:25 »

Andrew Neil

Don't normally like this bloke but get you lugs around this ..........

https://twitter.com/bbcthisweek/status/845064558548963328  :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24 March 2017, 13:10:06 »

Andrew Neil

I love his quote ... " a jumped up jihadi not fit to breathe the same air ....  "  not normally a fan of his .. but in this case .. "Well said Sir"   :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 March 2017, 13:11:43 »

Andrew Neil

Yes saw this doing the rounds on facebook, spot on perfect summary.

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 24 March 2017, 13:34:18 »

Good man, we need more of this kind of language to be made public, without fear of upsetting the minority of people who are serially offended.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 March 2017, 14:10:39 »

Andrew Neil

Yes saw this doing the rounds on facebook, spot on perfect summary.

Same here  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 March 2017, 15:17:01 »

I saw him give this speech at the opening of This Week last night, and let out a cheer, even though I was by myself.
I am a "fan" of his, because he wont fawn over any politician whoever they are. He treats all of them with equal contempt, and wont shy away from asking the difficult questions, or get befuddled by their waffling. His most frequent saying is "that may be true, but it isn't an answer to the question I asked you".
The best political tv journo in the country imo.

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 24 March 2017, 15:19:24 »

I saw him give this speech at the opening of This Week last night, and let out a cheer, even though I was by myself.
I am a "fan" of his, because he wont fawn over any politician whoever they are. He treats all of them with equal contempt, and wont shy away from asking the difficult questions, or get befuddled by their waffling. His most frequent saying is "that may be true, but it isn't an answer to the question I asked you".
That's because he knows the game inside out, and his interviewees know that. I've seen many of the stammering and tongue-tied over the years. I'm guessing the researchers he uses are pretty well connected too.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #45 on: 24 March 2017, 15:23:53 »

Good man, we need more of this kind of language to be made public, without fear of upsetting the minority of people who are serially offended.

Unfortunately until we get over this " may be offended"  nonsense these awful attrocities will continue, god knows what it will take till someone has the balls say exactly what needs to be done. Also just wondering how long it will be before the words " was the officer who shot the perpetrator justified in doing so" are heard , my opinion he deserves a medal & 12 weeks paid leave somewhere hot to recover from the " trauma".

2boxerdogs

« Reply #46 on: 24 March 2017, 16:14:22 »

Just to make it clear the " trauma" being shooting dead the scumbag, hopefully he will not lose too much sleep over this. Obviously feel for the man seeing his colleague slain before his eyes that is probably something that will remain with him.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #47 on: 24 March 2017, 16:21:42 »

That's because he knows the game inside out, and his interviewees know that. I've seen many of the stammering and tongue-tied over the years. I'm guessing the researchers he uses are pretty well connected too.
+1, just watched it  :y :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 March 2017, 16:24:19 »

I think in normal circumstances an armed copper discharges his weapon they are automatically suspended pending investigation and likely will never be an armed copper again, I really hope this case is different
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Lincs Robert

« Reply #49 on: 24 March 2017, 16:29:05 »

I think in normal circumstances an armed copper discharges his weapon they are automatically suspended pending investigation and likely will never be an armed copper again, I really hope this case is different

There is an automatic referral to the IPCC & an enquiry yes, with the officer being taken off duty whilst the enquiry is conducted.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 March 2017, 19:49:17 »

I read reports that it was not a Met Police Officer who opened fire, but one of the MP's personal guards.  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #51 on: 24 March 2017, 19:54:59 »

I read reports that it was not a Met Police Officer who opened fire, but one of the MP's personal guards.  :-\
Yup. Probably still a cop though  :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 24 March 2017, 20:26:47 »

from the IPCC itself .. "After @MetPoliceUk referred the fatal shooting we began an investigation into the circumstances. No police officers are under investigation"

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/statement-following-westminster-terrorism-attack

So, as I understand it it, no suspensions or anything  ....   :y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 March 2017, 13:52:44 »

from the IPCC itself .. "After @MetPoliceUk referred the fatal shooting we began an investigation into the circumstances. No police officers are under investigation"

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/statement-following-westminster-terrorism-attack

So, as I understand it it, no suspensions or anything ....   :y :y

I should bloody hope not too.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 March 2017, 17:35:11 »

Going on the footage shown on TV we could so easily have "lost" the PM to such an attack.The confusion there seemed to be in getting her to her car and out of the area was unbelieveable ???

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 March 2017, 18:16:12 »

Nice to see we didn't muck about this time and just made sure the scumbag ends up in a body bag and not suing us for getting his teeth knocked out.

The officer who shot that waster deserves a medal, his quick thinking saved more people being injured :y :y :y
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 March 2017, 20:55:05 »

Going on the footage shown on TV we could so easily have "lost" the PM to such an attack.The confusion there seemed to be in getting her to her car and out of the area was unbelieveable ???
You assume that she was actually in the car ;)

Fortunately SIL was in a pub on tother side of river, but some of her colleagues had headed straight across the bridge and we there between the incident and the first responders :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.