Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown  (Read 6254 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Lockdown
« Reply #45 on: 24 March 2017, 15:23:53 »

Good man, we need more of this kind of language to be made public, without fear of upsetting the minority of people who are serially offended.

Unfortunately until we get over this " may be offended"  nonsense these awful attrocities will continue, god knows what it will take till someone has the balls say exactly what needs to be done. Also just wondering how long it will be before the words " was the officer who shot the perpetrator justified in doing so" are heard , my opinion he deserves a medal & 12 weeks paid leave somewhere hot to recover from the " trauma".

2boxerdogs

« Reply #46 on: 24 March 2017, 16:14:22 »

Just to make it clear the " trauma" being shooting dead the scumbag, hopefully he will not lose too much sleep over this. Obviously feel for the man seeing his colleague slain before his eyes that is probably something that will remain with him.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #47 on: 24 March 2017, 16:21:42 »

I saw him give this speech at the opening of This Week last night, and let out a cheer, even though I was by myself.
I am a "fan" of his, because he wont fawn over any politician whoever they are. He treats all of them with equal contempt, and wont shy away from asking the difficult questions, or get befuddled by their waffling. His most frequent saying is "that may be true, but it isn't an answer to the question I asked you".
The best political tv journo in the country imo.
That's because he knows the game inside out, and his interviewees know that. I've seen many of the stammering and tongue-tied over the years. I'm guessing the researchers he uses are pretty well connected too.
+1, just watched it  :y :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 March 2017, 16:24:19 »

I think in normal circumstances an armed copper discharges his weapon they are automatically suspended pending investigation and likely will never be an armed copper again, I really hope this case is different
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Lincs Robert

« Reply #49 on: 24 March 2017, 16:29:05 »

I think in normal circumstances an armed copper discharges his weapon they are automatically suspended pending investigation and likely will never be an armed copper again, I really hope this case is different

There is an automatic referral to the IPCC & an enquiry yes, with the officer being taken off duty whilst the enquiry is conducted.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 March 2017, 19:49:17 »

I read reports that it was not a Met Police Officer who opened fire, but one of the MP's personal guards.  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #51 on: 24 March 2017, 19:54:59 »

I read reports that it was not a Met Police Officer who opened fire, but one of the MP's personal guards.  :-\
Yup. Probably still a cop though  :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 24 March 2017, 20:26:47 »

from the IPCC itself .. "After @MetPoliceUk referred the fatal shooting we began an investigation into the circumstances. No police officers are under investigation"

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/statement-following-westminster-terrorism-attack

So, as I understand it it, no suspensions or anything  ....   :y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 March 2017, 13:52:44 »

from the IPCC itself .. "After @MetPoliceUk referred the fatal shooting we began an investigation into the circumstances. No police officers are under investigation"

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/statement-following-westminster-terrorism-attack

So, as I understand it it, no suspensions or anything ....   :y :y

I should bloody hope not too.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 March 2017, 17:35:11 »

Going on the footage shown on TV we could so easily have "lost" the PM to such an attack.The confusion there seemed to be in getting her to her car and out of the area was unbelieveable ???

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 March 2017, 18:16:12 »

Nice to see we didn't muck about this time and just made sure the scumbag ends up in a body bag and not suing us for getting his teeth knocked out.

The officer who shot that waster deserves a medal, his quick thinking saved more people being injured :y :y :y
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 March 2017, 20:55:05 »

Going on the footage shown on TV we could so easily have "lost" the PM to such an attack.The confusion there seemed to be in getting her to her car and out of the area was unbelieveable ???
You assume that she was actually in the car ;)

Fortunately SIL was in a pub on tother side of river, but some of her colleagues had headed straight across the bridge and we there between the incident and the first responders :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.