Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange boy  (Read 6559 times)

STEMO

Strange boy
« on: 24 March 2017, 19:10:56 »

I was talking to my lad about stuff that went on when I was young, believe it or not, he's actually interested. I told him about watching Noggin the nog when I was about six, and his enemy, Nogbad the bad. He liked the sound of their names so I found a vid on the tube. He watched it right through without peeing himself laughing or anything, I think he enjoyed it. Not the storyline or anything, but the peek at what used to be on the telly.
They grow up earlier these days, so we're told, but they're just big kids really.

STEMO

Re: Strange boy
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2017, 19:12:21 »

P.S. I was a bit scared of Nogbad.  :o

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2017, 20:18:04 »

I used to love watching Noggin the Nog. Misses wasn't too happy....said we should be making babies ;D ::)

When I see what my grandchildren are watcing on TV nowadays, I shudder with disbelief....ugh :(
« Last Edit: 24 March 2017, 20:19:54 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2017, 20:22:08 »

And further to that...the cartoons are full of hideous monsters. Geez... a puppet called Mr Onion used to put the fear of god into me in the fifties :o
IIRC, Mr Onion was in the same show as Mr Turnip !!!!! ;)
« Last Edit: 24 March 2017, 20:25:52 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2017, 22:48:32 »

I used to like Muffin the mule until I got caught.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2017, 23:12:03 »

I bet you got a hell of a kick out of that you dirty old man  :-X :D :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2017, 11:42:15 »

I bet you got a hell of a kick out of that you dirty old man  :-X :D :D

I'll have you know that Muffin was a national treasure back in the fifties. :y :y :y :y :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2017, 12:19:59 »

:o I remember getting the kids to watch the original "thunderbirds" telling them it was brilliant , they all looked at me like I was a nutter, "dad this is c**p " was the general consensus  :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2017, 14:44:21 »

I was talking to my lad about stuff that went on when I was young, believe it or not, he's actually interested. I told him about watching Noggin the nog when I was about six, and his enemy, Nogbad the bad. He liked the sound of their names so I found a vid on the tube. He watched it right through without peeing himself laughing or anything, I think he enjoyed it. Not the storyline or anything, but the peek at what used to be on the telly.
They grow up earlier these days, so we're told, but they're just big kids really.

Absolutely right.  Children today are the same as we were all those years ago; they just have advanced technology now.  I watch one of my grandsons who i see almost everyday.  He is six, and shows all the traits of the boys in the late 1950's.  He loves Tom & Jetty, steam railway locomotives, and anything that seems to him like a toilet joke!  He has tumbles, gets in scraps, and doesn't like it being suggested that he has a girlfriend! He is everybit going through the same evolution that my brother did in the 1950's, and my sons in the 1970's. Boys will be boys, as girls will be girls today as they were in yesteryear's. I said technology, and with girls fashion with make up and hair styles may have changed, but nothing else has. 8) 8)

Anyone for watching Andy Pandy, Twizzle, Captain Pugwash, or Stingray? :D :D :D :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2017, 15:01:10 »

Absolutely right.  Children today are the same as we were all those years ago; they just have advanced technology now.  I watch one of my grandsons who i see almost everyday.  He is six, and shows all the traits of the boys in the late 1950's.  He loves Tom & Jetty, steam railway locomotives, and anything that seems to him like a toilet joke!  He has tumbles, gets in scraps, and doesn't like it being suggested that he has a girlfriend! He is everybit going through the same evolution that my brother did in the 1950's, and my sons in the 1970's. Boys will be boys, as girls will be girls today as they were in yesteryear's. I said technology, and with girls fashion with make up and hair styles may have changed, but nothing else has. 8) 8)

Anyone for watching Andy Pandy, Twizzle, Captain Pugwash, or Stingray? :D :D :D :D

Human nature be it good or bad hasn't changed. We still have the same emotions we had when a house was a cave.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2017, 15:03:44 »

My favourite along with Captain Scarlet and Fireball XL5.  :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 March 2017, 16:30:23 »

My favourite along with Captain Scarlet and Fireball XL5.  :y :-* :-* :-* :-*

Everyone watched that one. The real start of space themed TV I think 8) 8) :y

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 25 March 2017, 16:38:52 »

The two before that were Four Feather Falls and Supercar.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 March 2017, 16:44:02 »

The two before that were Four Feather Falls and Supercar.

Thinking about it now I watched some real crap as a kid.

Daktari being woefully bad :(. Loved The Jensen Code though :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2017, 17:03:43 »

Doubt very much that they'd get away with a couple of the names in Captain Pugwash today though ;) Daktari ah,yes with Clarence the cross eyed lion :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.