zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: WHY?
« Reply #30 on: 26 March 2017, 22:34:20 »

You have to think of the poor child living in the Utter Hebridies that would have to walk from the croft to school ;D ;D ;D

Or they could change the school day to start an hour later for all 67 of them, instead of pissing off the whole nation.  ::)
Means they'd have to walk home in the dark then.

Give them a fackin torch.  ::) ;D
Well if gave them a fackin torch they could walk to school in the fackin mornings when its dark.  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 March 2017, 23:18:35 »

Same here, Lizzie, but what I DO miss is the income - my pension ain't elastic enough to stretch to running a thirsty Omega!  :(

Ron.

Ah, that is not good news Ron. :-\

I only do about 4K miles a year now, so MPG is never an issue, and my Company and State pensions cover that. ;)

Ahhhhh Pensions. Now there another whole new can of worms topic  :-\  . . . . . . . .

Were you one of the ones affected by the moving retirement dates? Wife and I are in the "retire at 70" age group. My personal prediction is nearer 80.  ;D

No, not affected. I've had letters telling me that I need to claim if I want pension to be paid. The thing is, I'm still earning a modest amount, so any pension income will be deducted from my tax free allowance. Effectively, I'll pay tax on it. So the way I see it, taking the pension only makes sense when I have zero other income. Errrrrr  . . . I think  :-\

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 March 2017, 00:11:55 »

No you don't, unless you have a galactic influence denied to the rest of us mere mortals. You could have had the extra hour last week, or any day, by adjusting your personal waking/sleeping hours, if you so chose.

Ron.

Alright boss I'm coming into work at 8am and going home at 4pm this summer. You nutcase  ::)

It's GMT in the winter that's bullshit not BST.
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

aaronjb

« Reply #33 on: 27 March 2017, 08:36:01 »

No you don't, unless you have a galactic influence denied to the rest of us mere mortals. You could have had the extra hour last week, or any day, by adjusting your personal waking/sleeping hours, if you so chose.

Ron.

Alright boss I'm coming into work at 8am and going home at 4pm this summer. You nutcase  ::)

It's GMT in the winter that's bullshit not BST.

Trouble is, X30XE, most people here are 90 years old and have forgotten what it was like to be in the workforce with a boss to answer to! ;)  ;D

Except Opti, we determined last week that he's at least 130..

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 March 2017, 11:01:47 »

Aaron, no way have I forgotten! I taught at a college and with a full timetable, I had to here, there and everywhere at precise times - or answer to the consequences. Now, having retired, it is supreme luxury to get up whenever I chose and do whatever I want to.....within the constraints of my budget and hospital appointments - the downsides of retirement.  :(

Ron.

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 27 March 2017, 11:06:38 »

Aaron, no way have I forgotten! I taught at a college and with a full timetable, I had to here, there and everywhere at precise times - or answer to the consequences. Now, having retired, it is supreme luxury to get up whenever I chose and do whatever I want to.....within the constraints of my budget and hospital appointments - the downsides of retirement.  :(

T'was tongue in cheek really Ron ;) and jealousy! (Of the luxury part, not the hospital appointments, of course)

I'd say I'm looking forward to retiring but that seems a very far off prospect, assuming I don't end up working until they push me into a hole in the ground ;D (I'm only 38 so y'know.. a few years to go yet)

It was just starting to get lighter in the mornings for my commute on the days I'm in the office, now I guess it'll be back to being pitch black at 5:30am when I leave  :'(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 March 2017, 11:12:35 »

Yes, I did realise that; it's what I like about this site - the friendly p*ss-taking! And obviously the invaluable help, freely given. Where else......?  ;D 8) :y

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 March 2017, 13:56:03 »

Ron.
Twenty weeks holiday a year hardly constitutes full time... ::)

Light the fuse and ruuuuuuuunnnn :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 27 March 2017, 14:52:14 »

;D ;D

Careful Al, Big Ron might send his friend Big Winston round! ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 March 2017, 15:57:06 »

DG, I don't need to smack you because you know better than that - NOBODY gets to have all of the FOURTEEN weeks holiday; we are far too busy catching up on the backlog of admin., preparation and a myriad of other things that working 12-hour days don't suffice, even after taking work home as well!
However, I've give Big Winston your address.....  >:(

Ron.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 March 2017, 16:01:51 »

Just spotted that you said "full time". If you read me properly, I said full timeTABLE, which means every waking moment at college and due to cuts and limited resources, doing several jobs at once.
A colleague was once timetable inm THREE classes at the same time - he time-dhared like crazy!
Just before I retired, they were making plans to have all teaching staff fitted with socked up their ars*s so that they could sweep the corridors at the same time - saves on cleaners!  ::)

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27 March 2017, 16:02:39 »

Both my parents were teachers, so I know how much time they had off and how much effort was put into preparation/marking/report writing etc. Seven years incarceration helped to reinforce that, although we kids had less work to do during our 18 weeks of holidays ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 March 2017, 16:15:06 »

I KNEW you knew!
Ok, I'll call Big Winston off - but keep up the p*ss-taking, it's what makes this forum so special..... 8)

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 March 2017, 22:00:29 »

T'was tongue in cheek really Ron ;) and jealousy! (Of the luxury part, not the hospital appointments, of course)

I'd say I'm looking forward to retiring but that seems a very far off prospect, assuming I don't end up working until they push me into a hole in the ground ;D (I'm only 38 so y'know.. a few years to go yet)

It was just starting to get lighter in the mornings for my commute on the days I'm in the office, now I guess it'll be back to being pitch black at 5:30am when I leave  :'(
I,m also retired Aaron and it,s bl**dy fantastic but don,t go wishing your life away. Do all you can now as some poor buggers don,t even make retirement. :(

aaronjb

« Reply #44 on: 28 March 2017, 07:36:34 »

Aye very true!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.