Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: News Websites  (Read 2556 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: News Websites
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2017, 23:00:49 »

Smart Ad's is where the action is, dynamically inserted adverts into a Live or VOD stream. (customer can't tell the difference vs normal ad) - Targeted to customers, can offer more info links as needed.

I would have hoped that if the customer is actually paying, then there would be no advertising. Or am I wrong ? I don't use any subscription service so I don't actually know.
Most mainstream pay tv broadcasts still have ads.

So yet another reason for not coughing up then  :y , a very good one in my book

Even the Beeb bombard you with adverts for themselves, but I can live with that

I'm glad I'm not a telly addict, I couldn't afford it  ;D
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: News Websites
« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2017, 14:25:22 »

Smart Ad's is where the action is, dynamically inserted adverts into a Live or VOD stream. (customer can't tell the difference vs normal ad) - Targeted to customers, can offer more info links as needed.

I would have hoped that if the customer is actually paying, then there would be no advertising. Or am I wrong ? I don't use any subscription service so I don't actually know.
Most mainstream pay tv broadcasts still have ads.

So yet another reason for not coughing up then  :y , a very good one in my book

Even the Beeb bombard you with adverts for themselves, but I can live with that

I'm glad I'm not a telly addict, I couldn't afford it  ;D
I don't really watch much telly TBH, but I do like films, hence my Sky subscription many, many moons ago.  I always said that for the number of unique films Sky have that I'd class as watchable each month, I can just buy on DVD for the same money, which is what I do.  I obviously lose out on the other Sky content, but I'm not really interested in that anyway.

Tried Netflix on holiday, as each telly was equipped with it. Lots on there, and ad free, but (like Sky Movies) most of it dross that wouldn't interest me.  Still need to try NowTV at some point.

As for the beeb, at least we have 3 or 4 months peace before that start ramping up for more of their crap for those utterly useless, pointless charities.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.