Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice in shop  (Read 1296 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Notice in shop
« on: 27 March 2017, 18:37:11 »

A local corner shop I use fairly regularly has over the weekend put up a new[for them]notice.It's postcard sized and handwritten asking customers to please remove crash helmets/hoods before entering the shop.Nothing wrong with that of course,but where they've pinned up the notice means that you can't actually see it,let alone read it until you're walking out of the shop :D

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
Re: Notice in shop
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2017, 19:22:02 »

They tried ;D..............but failed
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2017, 21:06:33 »

Saw one in my Doctors Surgery a few years whilst waiting to be seen, Poster on the Wall that said in small print -

"Did you know you that you are entitled to a free Eye Test if your are registered as being Blind".

My thoughts were, why would a Blind Person need a Free Eye Test, but more to the point can they read the poster in the first place.  ???

Another one I saw whilst working in the Basement of a Government Building -

"There are no Muster Points in the Basement, some Areas of the Basement may not be covered by the Fire Alarm, if you do not hear the Fire Alarm then please report to Security immediately".

:D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2017, 21:19:22 »

Seen this one on several doors in different places:-

"This door must be kept locked at all times"

Oh, so why have a door then, just brick it in!  ::) ???

Ron.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2017, 22:09:25 »

Free eye test if blind.....the price of a tv licence is reduced if you are blind...but surely that would be the same as listening to the radio and thats free,,,where do these idiots get their ideas from.??????

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2017, 22:27:56 »

Free eye test if blind.....the price of a tv licence is reduced if you are blind...but surely that would be the same as listening to the radio and thats free,,,where do these idiots get their ideas from.??????

I know two elderly folk who are legally "blind", in that their eyesight is well below the minimum standard required, but with their families help they have an extremely large TV (projector type) and are able to "watch" TV in a limited fashion, and by using a braille keyboard they have limited access to the internet using the same system. Given the difficulty their poor eyesight causes in getting around in the big wide world, it is about the only way they can stay in touch with the rest of the world, do shopping, and have anything like a "normal" life.

Perhaps the "idiots" (your phrase) who decided to help them with a free TV licence actually understood disability, and its far reaching effects far better than you do, or perhaps they just use their brains a tad more and don't jump to erroneous conclusions  ??   :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2017, 22:52:49 »

My thoughts were, why would a Blind Person need a Free Eye Test, but more to the point can they read the poster in the first place

I worked with a guy for a couple of years who was registered blind. However that covers a range of sighted ability (if that's the right term - probably not). He had to go for very regular assessments and his needs changed significantly during the time I knew him.

Being "blind" doesn't mean just one thing.

However I agree that writing it on a small type notice isn't ever so smart!

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2017, 20:37:16 »

I could be registered as partially sighted if I wanted to, I have wet AMD in my left eye. But my right eye is fine as is the peripheral vision in my left, so most of the time I don't even notice it.

Cue going blind jokes..........

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2017, 00:24:10 »

Being blind means your eyesight is at or below 10%. This is measured using an eye-chart, where 10% is the top line and below is not being able to read the top line. When you can't do that they have big letters that they test you on. When I was temporally blind I could'nt even see there was a letter there with my left eye, let alone what it said, but it has recovered to about 80% vision, whereas my right eye has a big grey cloud in the middle of it and I can just about read the second line so I am classed as partially sighted in this one with 20% vision. In practical terms, I can only read very big characters with my right eye and can't use it for normal reading or work out much of what I'm looking at.

Therefore, blindness can be from see nothing to being able to see light and colours but very little detail. Most normally sighted people don't realise this, including me, before I had these problems.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.