Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Big day tomorrow.  (Read 5467 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Big day tomorrow.
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2017, 17:57:03 »

See, your coming round.  :y ;D...............when TB finally comes round,we will know that we are a great country again.  ;D

I'm not "coming round". I just think we need to get on with it. All this messing about is doing us no good at all!

Is it the right decision? I still don't think so. But it is the decision of the minor majority, even if a good number of those voters have freely admitted that they didn't understand or were deceived by the ridiculous claims by the leave campaign.

But the future is what it is... As a country we will pull through the hard times that are likely to come.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2017, 18:07:10 »

There were indeed one or two ridiculous claims by a section of the Leave campaign , but imo they were not in the same league as those made by the remain campaign. A recent poll (for what they are worth), which surveyed quite a large number of people, gave a much higher figure for those who would vote to leave, if the referendum was held again.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2017, 18:15:19 »

We'll be fine. :y

I would still vote to remain but we'll be fine.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 March 2017, 23:11:29 »

Right or wrong, stay or remain  etc etc

I mean just what is going to happen, some giant plug in the Easterm Atlantic gets pulled out the whole of the UK gets sucked down into a whirlpool ?

A giant Pythonesque foot appears in the sky and obliterates the whole of the British Isles ?

I've been doing business with European countries for decades. Dutch Guilders, German Marks, French Francs. Import tariffs, passports at every country border. It's not the end of the World. Get on with it.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 29 March 2017, 07:38:00 »

According to Nick Clegg on the radio this morning, the EU is going to close it's borders to us and refuse to speak to us for the rest of time..

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2017, 08:14:26 »

According to Nick Clegg on the radio this morning, the EU is going to close it's borders to us and refuse to speak to us for the rest of time..

It amazes me that this kind of hyperbole hasn't warn thin with him yet, it didn't work in the referendum and its certainly not going to do anything now!

The other thing which confuses me slightly is the idea that going onto WTO tariffs will be the end of all humanity and trading as we know it. As with all such things they seem very complex to work out but seemed to be in the region of about 3-5% on most product classes. The way some people were going on, you'd think it was 20% plus.  ::)

Don't get me wrong, I would still prefer that we went down a different path, but the fact that STILL neither side can be straight with us is getting rather wearing.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2017, 09:29:47 »

Well the sun came up today.  ::) 

Sort of!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2017, 09:39:51 »

I just wish someone would get me a copy of the dictionary the Press and Politicians are using .. as my understanding of the English Language is obviously wrong ...

I "thought" that we are about to start "negotiations" on leaving, now to me "negotiations" are discussions, compromises, movement on issues by BOTH sides, and a defined target of reaching an agreement satisfactory to all sides.....

The present definition by the tabloids and that idiot Corbyn seems to be you make a set of demands and the EU capitulate instantly or ... (actually .. or what  ??  as they've not said ??? )

Others demand to "know" the "government position" ... just how does that fit the definition of "negotiation", it might be the minimum acceptable but you have instantly handed the "other side" the winning position as all they have to do is say "No" to anything better ...  :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 March 2017, 09:48:33 »

Nick who? :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 March 2017, 09:50:14 »

I just wish someone would get me a copy of the dictionary the Press and Politicians are using .. as my understanding of the English Language is obviously wrong ...

I "thought" that we are about to start "negotiations" on leaving, now to me "negotiations" are discussions, compromises, movement on issues by BOTH sides, and a defined target of reaching an agreement satisfactory to all sides.....

The present definition by the tabloids and that idiot Corbyn seems to be you make a set of demands and the EU capitulate instantly or ... (actually .. or what  ??  as they've not said ??? )

Others demand to "know" the "government position" ... just how does that fit the definition of "negotiation", it might be the minimum acceptable but you have instantly handed the "other side" the winning position as all they have to do is say "No" to anything better ...  :(

I think Corbyn is still on the trade union definition of "negotiation". ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 March 2017, 09:56:23 »

Nick who? :-\

I believe he held the title of Substitute Pig's Head, under the last Tory administration. The job description basically involved saying very little while getting regularly and publicly screwed. 

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 March 2017, 10:00:04 »

;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 March 2017, 10:17:50 »

Yes, yet nobody is demanding that the EU sets out it's position in the negotiations or that their beloved EU take the moral high ground and guarantee British citizens living in EU countries their right to stay post BREXIT.  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 March 2017, 10:26:09 »

Yes, yet nobody is demanding that the EU sets out it's position in the negotiations or that their beloved EU take the moral high ground and guarantee British citizens living in EU countries their right to stay post BREXIT.  ::)

Indeed. :y

Does the EU even have a negotiating position? I'm not sure how a collection of 27 ministers can have a sensible negotiation when every time one of them says "NON" it's back to square one. ::)

I suspect we're in for a long and tedious 2 years.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 March 2017, 10:50:06 »

I suspect that after a long and tedious couple of years a deal of sorts will be hammered out only to be rejected by the European Parliament, as MEP's will try to retain some sort of regularity control over the UK.  :-\

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.