Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone a friend?  (Read 3778 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Phone a friend?
« Reply #15 on: 20 October 2019, 11:50:18 »

Stupid bitches , take their licences away.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 October 2019, 11:56:08 »

and ambulance services
Ah, no doubt got out of their cars holding their necks.

Over here in Ireland there's a constant demand to overhaul the insurance payout policy for soft tissue injuries , whiplash , but is equally objected to by the legal industry due to the monies they make from it .
There was a report on the radio this week where a Senior Register from the foremost hospital in Dublin that treated such whiplash injuries stated that of all patients being treated 90% of those that receive a final payout from an insurance claim don't return for treatment post payout. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 October 2019, 12:04:25 »

and ambulance services
Ah, no doubt got out of their cars holding their necks.
Probably still on their phones, relaying details of the coming together.

Busy posting photos of the crash on facebook!  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 October 2019, 12:40:17 »

Two lady drivers driving in opposite directions where there's only room for one stream of traffic] down my road a short while ago,one in a 55 plate 5 series BMW estate the other in a 55 plate 5 series BMW saloon drove head on into each other at about 15-20mph each car :o neither seemed to notice the other until pretty much the time of impact.Fortunately neither driver appears to have been seriously hurt.Both were on their mobile phones at the time :-XThe road is only just now being opened up again as both wrecks of course blocked the only space available to any other traffic.I know it's illegal to use a hand held phone while driving but surely holding a phone to your ear and talking doesn't impair your vision through the windscreen?

But that is the thing Baza,whilst using a mobile phone it does rather disconnect whatever brain power they had, with the ability to concentrate on what was really important, driving their cars safely being severely restricted.

It is one reason why now there are suggestions by some that even the use of hands free telephones should also be banned. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 October 2019, 16:34:06 »

But that is the thing Baza,whilst using a mobile phone it does rather disconnect whatever brain power they had, with the ability to concentrate on what was really important, driving their cars safely being severely restricted.
They were only women, so perfectly understandable.

It is one reason why now there are suggestions by some that even the use of hands free telephones should also be banned. ;)
Another brain dead idea by people who need to justify themselves.

Best they ban passengers in cars as well, for fear of distraction. Or radios, CDs and TVs.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 October 2019, 16:53:02 »

Two true stories.

Back on the 70s , whilst working for Post Office Telephones, we all had to initial a document to say we would follow an instruction saying you couldnt drive whilst listening to the car radio as it would interfere with your thought processes. Later an exception was made if you were travelling after 5 p.m. ( in those days everything stopped workwise at 5 p.m.)

The second. Mrs V and myself witnessed a woman here crash twice whilst on the mobile phone. Not once did she remove it from her ear. The first was she tirned up hil and ran wide up a kerb and onto a stack of pallets. Declitched and the car ran back downthe hill and over a low wall no doubt crushing brake pipes underneath.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 October 2019, 17:02:18 »

Best they ban passengers in cars as well, for fear of distraction. Or radios, CDs and TVs.

...............and sat navs ::) ::) :D :D ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 October 2019, 17:27:55 »

Ban everything & go back to horse & carts , I can remember when I was a kid people shovelling up horse shit for their gardens a much better place back then..😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 October 2019, 16:58:28 »

I've long said that gonks stuck to the windscreen (of any description) should be banned.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 October 2019, 16:59:25 »

Ban everything & go back to horse & carts , I can remember when I was a kid people shovelling up horse shit for their gardens a much better place back then..😀
I wish someone would clean up after the horsey lot around here  :-X
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 October 2019, 17:50:27 »

I've long said that gonks stuck to the windscreen (of any description) should be banned.

I have seen all too many drivers going along with phones, sat navs, or even tablets, stuck to the windscreen right in their direct field of vision ::) ::) >:( >:(

An offence of course, but until we have more traffic police out there they mainly get away with it! >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 October 2019, 17:53:23 »

but until we have more traffic police out there they mainly get away with it!
The Police are some of the worse offenders!
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 21 October 2019, 18:25:13 »

It is hard, I mean really, really hard not to check texts and answer calls when you are driving. I don't, but that doesn't mean I am an angel, I just don't get enough important communications to be that bothered. But bosses/wives/husbands/children/etc are very hard to ignore, especially if something difficult is happening at work or home.
Looking at a hand held is definitely a no no, but heated or complicated discussions are bound to affect your driving, even over a hands free.

I do not have an answer.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 October 2019, 18:37:25 »

I think the worst I've seen was during my lorryist days and I was overtaken on the M25 by a Dutch lorry whose driver had a newspaper spread over his steering wheel!  :o  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 October 2019, 18:40:02 »

It is hard, I mean really, really hard not to check texts and answer calls when you are driving. I don't, but that doesn't mean I am an angel, I just don't get enough important communications to be that bothered. But bosses/wives/husbands/children/etc are very hard to ignore, especially if something difficult is happening at work or home.
Looking at a hand held is definitely a no no, but heated or complicated discussions are bound to affect your driving, even over a hands free.

I do not have an answer.

There is no answer , some people will abide by the laws & some never will it's just a pity when innocent people / families are affected by of all things a phone in the hands of an idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.