Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: autobox fault codes  (Read 1003 times)

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
autobox fault codes
« on: 22 July 2011, 15:18:15 »

Hi there guys.  With the senator pedal box not fitting the omega, the auto to manual swap didn't go ahead.  Luckily the car did the trip to manchester and back that i was hoping to have the manual in for without any issues

anyway, the sales rep at my dad's work that deals with the diagnostic machines was kind enough to "demonstrate" one of the top of the range bosch ones on my car. 

the faults that it found were "solenoid valve/converter clutch.  signal too high or too low - possible fault code P0743" and "pressure-regulator solenoid valve signal too high or too low - possible fault code P0748"

the machine gave me pinouts, parameters and circuit diagrams to trace the fault but, here comes the daft question, where is the autobox ecu?

has anyone had these codes before and if so, what was the cause/remedy?

obviously, when i find out the location of the ecu, i'll be able to test it and the wiring, but i have found in the past that diagnostic machines often throw you in entirely the wrong direction so would appreciate some input from you guys.

if it turns out to be a duff lock up clutch solenoid and pressure regulator solenoid, where would i find these in the g-box?  are they difficult to replace is it worth my while replacing them?

if it means the box has to come out, i'll likely try to find an omega manual pedal box and go ahead with the manual swap rather than replace the autobox, but if it's gonna be simple enough i'll fix the auto as i do quite like it!

just another thing, which gear is it that is missed out when the box is in limp mode?  there seems to be a huge gap between first and second (selected using the lever) but it runs at 3'000rpm at 70mph which seems a bit high to me, so i cant tell if it's 2nd or top it's missing.  in D i only get 3rd gear.

sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any rpelies.

gill

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: autobox fault codes
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2011, 22:05:18 »

Mate I had the same problem if you search some of my posts. Purchased solenoid and gearbox ECU. Which when replaced did not make any difference and only by luck I found that the blue plug to the gearbox loom was loose. Plug beside battery compartment. I would check this 1st. Solenoid is in sump. If your needing solenoid and if you need ECU give me a PM. ECU codes need to match

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2011, 23:47:51 »

Cheers for that. I'll check out all the connections around the battery compartment and make sure they're all tight. I did change the engine so it's quite possible something got loosened off!

Any chance you could tell me where the gbox ecu is and ill get back to you about your offer.

Cheers again, gill

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2011, 11:13:07 »

Mines is a 2.2Cd so might be different. But you can check with the serial nos as there are a few. The gearbox ECU is placed in driver side kicker panel. Just remove screw and shine a torch up and you will see it, easily enough to remove.

« Last Edit: 23 July 2011, 11:17:37 by Raymienets »

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2011, 14:43:53 »

cheers for that.  I'll check the ecu later onm today.  I checked the big blue connector and it was indeed loose.  Plugged it back in but the gearbox still isn't working.  I've disconnected the battery for now and will see if that sortsthings out.

cheers again. Gill

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2011, 15:17:55 »

tried the car again after the battery had been disconnected for a few hours and same problem.  checked the lockup clutsch solenoid from terminal 32 and 53 on the ecu connector and got an open circuit, same for the pressure regulator solenoid, terminals 5 and 52.  checked all the connectors on the gearbox and found that the 4 pin connecotr going into the top of the small front sump would not connect in properly.  it seems to be full of crap maybe.

took off the rubber seal and managed to get the plug to connect and took the car for a drive.  before starting off, both the winter and sport modes worked again, so out of limp mode.  got to about 25 mph before it changed from 1st, but it did what it was doing originally and went into third with a thud and autobox message came up on the MID.

thinking back there was a speed sensor fault logged on the ECU when it was plugged in, but the woman testing it reckoned it was because the car was stationary and removed it.

How would i go about checking if there is a speed signal getting to the box without having it plugged in again?

cheers, Gill

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2011, 20:06:29 »

wee update.  the gearbox is holding first when the car is started off after the engine is started regardless of what is selected on the quadrant.

does the same thing, ie holds first till about 25mph then bangs into third with a big jolt then then is in limp mode.

are there any autobox gurus out there that have any idea what the problem is?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.