Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thought I was in the UK  (Read 5179 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Thought I was in the UK
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2019, 12:59:10 »

Ive never been and haven't the slightest inclination to go. It has been a breeding ground for posh wealthy, Britain hating Marxists since the 50,s.  :)
If I want that sort of thing, Cambridge is a lot closer. ;D

The Austin Cambridge was a good car as well ;D ;D ;D ;)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2019, 16:04:43 »

Heck you are right , it is Tuesdays and Wednesdays it is closed.

Days are a blur.

Probate is Oxford for Leicester . Cant wait if we have to put in a personal appearance. I remember how easy and cheap parking was 25 years ago  ;D

Cant believe im saying this, but use the park and ride, Oxford is the worst city in the world for strangers driving a car!guessing you will be a45 then a34, so first turn to oxford is peartree an park an ride is right there

........and back to the City..............YES, I agree with that!  Been there twice, and vowed never again! :o :o ;)

and thats probably the same amount of times i have been there in the last year, its so bad if i need to go to a large shop,or similar large organisation, I prefer to drive to Milton Keynes, the journey there and back timewise is cancelled out by the ease of access to parking and the wonderful rid system where you need never get caught in traffic!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2019, 17:23:24 »

Did someone mention Oxford?

They, that is Morris Oxford cars, were great cars for their time.  Very comfortable and reliable if my dad's example was anything to go by; registration number AOU 772C if it is still out there! ;D ;D ;D ;)
No, Morris cars were shite. Awful. I know a few of the last remaining Morris employees, and they will tell you how bad they were ;).  If you had to bolt something in on the line, and it was too many bolts, try to get at least one in tightish, even if it goes cross threaded...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2019, 17:25:59 »

Ive never been and haven't the slightest inclination to go. It has been a breeding ground for posh wealthy, Britain hating Marxists since the 50,s.  :)
If I want that sort of thing, Cambridge is a lot closer. ;D
That shows a lack of understanding.  For the most part, rich people don't live in Oxford (its a shithole). Poor people rent there.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2019, 17:26:43 »

Hence its Labour breeding ground.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 January 2019, 17:42:36 »

I was speaking of the University, which produced all those Soviet spies and most of the leading lights in leftie Liberalism since the 50,s.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 January 2019, 17:43:16 »

They, that is Morris Oxford cars, were great cars for their time.  Very comfortable and reliable if my dad's example was anything to go by; registration number AOU 772C if it is still out there! ;D ;D ;D ;)
No, Morris cars were shite. Awful. I know a few of the last remaining Morris employees, and they will tell you how bad they were ;).  If you had to bolt something in on the line, and it was too many bolts, try to get at least one in tightish, even if it goes cross threaded...

I was talking about early to mid-1960's Morris and Austin cars (that you probably do not remember as you are so young! ;D ;D ;)), not the abominations that followed in the 1970's TB :D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 January 2019, 17:49:17 »

I was talking about early to mid-1960's Morris and Austin cars (that you probably do not remember as you are so young! ;D ;D ;)), not the abominations that followed in the 1970's TB :D ;)
So was I.  Im not sure if anything came out of the old Morris plant - now one of those office trading estates for the past 30yrs - in the BL days, I think it became just an extension to the Austin plant.  I'd have to ask.  I vaguely remember the bridge over the ringroad.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 January 2019, 17:50:04 »

I was speaking of the University, which produced all those Soviet spies and most of the leading lights in leftie Liberalism since the 50,s.  ;)

Oh yes, the infamous Cambridge Spy Ring of at least four members, with a possible fifth in the shape of John Cairncross.

I understand it that the Soviet's considered them all as very unreliable and over rated according to files exposed in later years.  But that may well be MI6 spin!! ::) ;)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 17:53:48 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 January 2019, 17:50:20 »

That uni lost all face when Oxford Poly became Brookes University ;)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 January 2019, 17:52:03 »

Nowt wrong with Oxford Brookes...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 January 2019, 17:52:59 »

So was I.  Im not sure if anything came out of the old Morris plant - now one of those office trading estates for the past 30yrs - in the BL days, I think it became just an extension to the Austin plant.  I'd have to ask.  I vaguely remember the bridge over the ringroad.

They certainly both produced the 'A' series engine, which I personally found to be a delight to work on (after "training" from a Uncle who was a then recently retiring head mechanic of the GPO Austin/Morris  fleet around London!) :D ;)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 17:54:33 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 January 2019, 17:55:24 »

Nowt wrong with Oxford Brookes...
You mean Oxford Poly. Which had such a bad reputation, the Universities wouldn't, then, allow any of the Poly's campus in Oxford ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 January 2019, 18:00:50 »

I speak as a former student there, although at the time I had far bigger issues than a degree in Urban Planning and German...  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 January 2019, 18:05:14 »

head mechanic of the GPO Austin/Morris  fleet around London!) :D ;)
Oh dear.  I remember those days.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.