Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Head torque values/angles  (Read 3292 times)

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
Re: Head torque values/angles
« Reply #15 on: 24 August 2006, 17:28:57 »

Hadn't thought about that....I spoke to the bloke that's going to time it, i thought he said get all the pulleys on  :-?

Ok, well cheers for that...Good to see you over here too  ;)

v6man54deg              Geffd

• Wirral Merseyside
  • V6 man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 August 2006, 20:33:22 »

When you put your cams in - you need green sealant on the front A bearing - be very careful with the green sealant as if you put too much on it will block the oil feed for the camshaft thrust bearing - I have seen VM dealers do this on a few occasions - and it doesn't take long for the thrust bearing to wear out!!!!
When you have the cam caps back on- clean off the excess green sealant around the A bearing as the black sealant used on the cam covers doesn't adhere to the green sealant.

Cheers dude  :)

I imagine changing the clutch isn't much fun on the omega though....Although i'll be changing the flywheel as well as the clutch once she's up and running! lol

Well i'm back on track! Slackened off all the head bolts in the reverse sequence and then removed one at a time, cleaned it, put it back in finger tight, removed again and cleaned again and repeated this about 3-4 times on each bolt! Got the majority of the oil out....Tbh i only dipped the tip (about an inch) of each bolt in oil, scraped off the excess on the oil container top and then fitted the bolts, so i don't think it was excessive in the first place, but better safe than sorry.

So now the head bolts are re-torqued to 25NM, PAS pump re-fitted (along with earth cable and supporting bracket), water pump fitted and torqued, a couple of coolant pipes. Now i'm waiting on my torque angle gauge (my mates bringing one round today) so i can finish torqueing (sp?) the heads, then fit the cams, the PAS pump pulley, crank pulley, water pump pulley and then it's time to get her timed up  :D
V6 problems solved : Worked at the V6 Engine plant for 13 years on durability testing and warranty issues, this job included many trips to Russelsheim, Trollhattan, Michigan, Atlanta,keiserslaughtern.

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 August 2006, 12:56:12 »

I'd forgotten about the sealant....I'll have to try to get hold of some before sunday, but i'm working  :(

Cheers for the info on blocking the oil feed, i'll watch out for that. I'm not sure how/when i'm going to get hold of this sealant....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.