Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Switch or wiring?

(1/3) > >>

BazaJT:
More often than not when I open the drivers door only one of the interior lights the one nearest the drivers side[the ones above the mirror]illuminates.Sometimes however they both light up,the dimming until off when closing/locking the door works as normal whether just one or both lights operate.Is this likely to be a fault with the switch that operates when opening/closing the door or a fault in the wiring somewhere?

Bigron:
Pop the cover off and check how well the bulb is retained in its holder and, if ok, use a voltmeter to check that there's power at the holder.
My 2p goes on the holder's being the culprit!

Ron.

Entwood:
If my memory is any good, the switch actually provides the "earth" (or negative line), it is not a switched power line. Given the intermittent nature of the problem it might be worth cleaning up the area around the switch where the contact meets the bodywork, just to ensure a decent contact patch.

:-\

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Entwood on 16 May 2018, 22:45:31 ---If my memory is any good, the switch actually provides the "earth" (or negative line), it is not a switched power line. Given the intermittent nature of the problem it might be worth cleaning up the area around the switch where the contact meets the bodywork, just to ensure a decent contact patch.

:-\

--- End quote ---

Correct.  & the driver's door has 2 wires going to 2 separate contacts

Doctor Gollum:
The fault, as described, suggests an issue within the interior light unit...

Start there :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version