Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: House prices  (Read 13444 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: House prices
« Reply #45 on: 24 May 2016, 20:10:55 »

My own experience is more mixed, amongst those I work with, and former colleagues, it's probably 90% remain. Guys at my rugby club is more mixed, perhaps 55-60% leave.

Will be interesting to see which way it goes, not just the headline figure, but how different groups vote. I noted a recent article that reckons that nearly 75% of under 30's want to remain, while 65% of over 60's want to leave.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 May 2016, 22:30:39 »

My own experience is more mixed, amongst those I work with, and former colleagues, it's probably 90% remain. Guys at my rugby club is more mixed, perhaps 55-60% leave.

Will be interesting to see which way it goes, not just the headline figure, but how different groups vote. I noted a recent article that reckons that nearly 75% of under 30's want to remain, while 65% of over 60's want to leave.

Latest Times/YouGov poll has Remain on 41%, Leave on 41%, Won't vote 4% and Don't know 13%. You can see why the Remainers are running so many scare stories.

Older people more likely to vote with majority on the Leave side compared with younger Remain voters. Polls also show Leave voters are also more motivated to vote.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 May 2016, 22:55:41 »

Yup, I think unless there is a very strong turnout, it'll be a vote to leave. 

I think the scare stories are pretty evenly spread on both sides. All a bit of a waste imho, most people are set one way or the other and the rest are thoroughly disenfranchised with the bull being spouted by both sides.

If we do leave, I'll be interested to see who actually ends up better and worse off (there will doubtless be those on both sides). Given SWMBO gets paid in euros, I suspect we'd be in the first group.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 May 2016, 23:10:04 »

I'm very interested in the fact that the "leave" campaign have deliberately, and with the help of all the UK press, managed to label every statement by the "stay" bunch as "scaremongering" .....

Just how is warning that things will change, drastically, one way or the other ..if we leave "scaremongering" ... ?? surely it would be far better IF (BIG IF) the leave bunch actually produced the figures and PROOF that the warnings are false ?? .. but they don't .. because they can't ... they have no actual idea/proof of the terms and conditions that will be imposed on us if we leave .. all they do is say the remain bunch are wrong ...

At least by remaining we do KNOW where we stand ... what happens IF we leave is pure conjecture/speculation.. and the leave bunch don't even have the balls to admit this... again .. all they do is throw the "scaremongering" label ... that the press pick up and repeat ....

Have you noticed that the BBC / ITV  ALWAYS, without fail, give the leave lot the last word ?? Every report ... regardless of the subject .... the leave point have last word ... so folks remember it more ...

and the UK press is supposed to be "neutral" ?? ... what a load of rubbish !!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 May 2016, 23:45:53 »

Have you noticed that the BBC / ITV  ALWAYS, without fail, give the leave lot the last word ?? Every report ... regardless of the subject .... the leave point have last word ... so folks remember it more ...

and the UK press is supposed to be "neutral" ?? ... what a load of rubbish !!

I've noticed this as well, only I think it happens the other way round. Especially with the BBC!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 25 May 2016, 00:16:53 »

I think it is folly to believe that we know where we stand if we Remain. Once the matter had been settled and we were "locked in " I'm sure the process of integration, transfer of powers, sovereignty etc. etc. would accelerate at quite a pace.
Any objective study of the history of the EU must surely lead to that judgement ?
To believe Camerons promises with regard to his "renegotiation" would be at least as bad as believing Heath and Wilsons promises in the 70,s. They knew it was a one way street to an eventual United States of Europe, and so does Cameron.
At least in the 70,s people hadn't seen it all before, but Cameron is pulling exactly the same trick that Wilson pulled then.
TBH, it mystifies me how anyone could fall for it all over again.
I would take a lot of convincing that the BBC favours the Brexit campaign. It is after all funded, in part, by the EU.
I must say though, that Paxmans programme on the subject last week was quite well balanced, although there were reports that the hierarchy at the Beeb insisted it was edited and toned down as it leaned too far in favour of Brexit.
I think it would be worth a look for those who are undecided or feel uninformed by the current "debate".
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

05omegav6

« Reply #51 on: 25 May 2016, 01:12:42 »

Meet the new boss... just like the old boss ::)

Have spoken with several friends & colleagues and have not had anybody say stay in, what I found most surprising is we have had a lot of new officers start in the service recently & I quite expected a stay in from some of them but not one amongst them. The scare tactics being used by the stay in crowd are beginning  piss a lot of people off.
Maybe they secretly want to leave :-\ The way this has been played out from the start, I would imagine there are a few MPs who went one way or tother with an eye on their future career :-X

It shouldn't be about sides, but rather making an informed decision which will affect everybody for generations to come :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 May 2016, 07:42:32 »

I agree with Entwood, we know where we are if we remain, on a non-stop journey to becoming a part of an EU federal state, unable to make our own laws, and with a puppet Parliament, admittedly not in my lifetime, but inevitably somewhere within the next 30 years or so.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 May 2016, 10:27:53 »

This is because young people look to the future and old people look to the past.

On Newsnight the other day an 'oldie' from Eastbourne said she was voting to leave the EU because she wanted England to be like it was in the fifties.

aaronjb

« Reply #54 on: 25 May 2016, 11:51:07 »

On Newsnight the other day an 'oldie' from Eastbourne said she was voting to leave the EU because she wanted England to be like it was in the fifties.

So three channels on the TV, the cane at school and what the hell was she doing out of the kitchen anyway? ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 May 2016, 12:22:05 »

So three channels on the TV, the cane at school and what the hell was she doing out of the kitchen anyway? ;D

Two channels, Aaron. ;)

No BBC2 before 1964.

.......as for women knowing where the kitchen is. In some ways the old ways were best. :)

As for the cane. I was caned on a regular basis at school. Caned by the Headmaster and not the politically correctly named  'Headteacher' we have today.

« Last Edit: 25 May 2016, 12:27:34 by Doctor Opti »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 May 2016, 12:26:27 »

In the fifties? ::) 

One thing the Leave campaigners imply is that a leave vote will be like Bobby Ewing stepping out of the shower, and everything will instantly revert to 1973 when Britain joined the EEC. This seems unlikely!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 May 2016, 12:30:10 »

One thing the Leave campaigners imply is that a leave vote will be like Bobby Ewing stepping out of the shower, and everything will instantly revert to 1973 when Britain joined the EEC. This seems unlikely!

Does this mean I can buy the newly-released and superbly engineered Austin All-aggro and Morris Marina?

I shall also put a few quid on Red Rum to win the Grand National. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25 May 2016, 12:31:34 »

This is because young people look to the future and old people look to the past.

I don't agree. Young people weren't born before we were in the EU, so have no idea of what life could be like without it. They have also often been educated in Universities which receive EU funding, and teach accordingly.
Older people by definition, have more life experience than younger people, and remember life before the EU. Older people are often less susceptible to the crap spoken by politicians, as they have seen / heard it all before, which is why those who remember what Wilson did in the 70,s will be harder to fool this time around. They are probably also more aware of the potential this country has as a stand alone nation.
Younf people tend to live in the present moment. Older people live in the present with the benefit of having learned from the past, and usually with a degree of concern regarding the legacy they will leave future generations imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25 May 2016, 12:50:08 »

I think that is the image of leave campaigners that those who wish to remain want to project to those who don't know.
As a Brexiteer, I view the EU as an extremely out of date, 1950,s style protectionist bloc, almost Soviet in style.
I look forward to no longer being constrained by it, and becoming an outward looking nation which deals with the global economy in a way which is more fitting to the 21st century, than the mid 20th century.
I'm convinced the EU cannot work and is doomed, its just a matter of when it will happen. When it does happen, the recent damage inflicted on Greece, and the theft of depositers money from Cypriot banks, give us the pointers to what is likely to happen to all of us, before the dinosaur finally dies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.