Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Government gateway  (Read 1751 times)

STEMO

Government gateway
« on: 23 May 2016, 12:46:44 »

I decided to check up on my state pension, due in two years. I have a government gateway login, which I used. Not good enough...we need further information to verify your identity.  :(
Bearing in mind that I have been 'economically inactive' since I finished work eight years ago, I thought I'd better crack on with it so as not to have problems when I claim.
You can use a number of non government companies to do the checks for you, and the dwp will accept their input. I chose experian. So....name, NI number, addresses for the past ten years.....checking.
We need more, enter the details of a credit/debit card. Checking.......we need more. Enter these details from your driving license: do number, expiry date blah, blah......checking.
We need more....download this app, take a photo of your driving license and submit it. Checking....we have received the photo of your document but we need more. We have sent a letter to your home address with a security code. When you receive it log in and enter the number.

I'm still waiting for that to arrive. Jeez  :o

05omegav6

Re: Government gateway
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2016, 12:49:38 »

Whatever happened to Cillas' stock questioning...

"What's your name? And where do you come from?" ::)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2016, 12:51:38 »

Don`t make it easy do they, you would have thought the gateway login would be enough as that`s all that`s required for your tax return.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2016, 13:02:04 »

I've just read my post back to myself, and was astounded that I'd let them fick me around so much. So I rang the future pensions service and some friendly lady took my details and said she'd send me a letter with all the relevant info. What a div I am, going through all that rigmarole when a simple phone call would have done.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2016, 13:36:51 »

Surely your NI number would have sufficed ???, thats all i had to provide when i checked mine. But, it was over 5 yrs ago so things may have changed since then. Seems a bit dodgy asking for bank card details :o

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2016, 14:22:47 »

NI, DOB, and passport details was all they required from me!

:y  :y  :y

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2016, 16:41:58 »

govt gateway takes ages  and when you have it they often  still text you a code each time you want to get in. nevertheless well worth getting - avoid the private companies they may sell on the data they get from you, not to mention charges.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2016, 17:49:14 »

I've just read my post back to myself, and was astounded that I'd let them fick me around so much. So I rang the future pensions service and some friendly lady took my details and said she'd send me a letter with all the relevant info. What a div I am, going through all that rigmarole when a simple phone call would have done.
As I found, after jumping through the hoops, only to be told "call us". Civil service mongrels.

Was you on hold for an hour as well?
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2016, 20:51:27 »

As I found, after jumping through the hoops, only to be told "call us". Civil service mongrels.

Was you on hold for an hour as well?
I do hope you were at work...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2016, 17:30:22 »

I see that hrmc are setting up their own gateway now, as they feel that the civil service mob will be unable to get the official one, Verify, to work.  Why do the hmrc civil servants think they will do better than other civil servants?
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2016, 17:31:08 »

I see that hrmc are setting up their own gateway now, as they feel that the civil service mob will be unable to get the official one, Verify, to work.  Why do the hmrc civil servants think they will do better than other civil servants?
If they want to collect the revenue... ::)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2016, 18:26:25 »

Well.....I gave them everything short of my passwords, and still no letter.

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2016, 18:33:13 »

Well.....I gave them everything short of my passwords, and still no letter.
Did you remember to give them your new address :-\

Ah, I see... you need to log in to chsnge your address... this could be a laborious process ::)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2016, 20:42:15 »

Surely your NI number would have sufficed ???, thats all i had to provide when i checked mine. But, it was over 5 yrs ago so things may have changed since then. Seems a bit dodgy asking for bank card details :o
Agreed  ???
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.