Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 5780 times)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: President Trump
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2016, 20:08:13 »

Trump has passed the threshold for delegates needed to win the republican nomination. If Hilary gets indicted over using her personal server for state department business, he could just do it. Be afraid.....

I'd be more afraid if the Democrats win, to be honest.

The Donald's OK in my book.

I do hope you're joking.

The nearest leader to hitler that the world has seen in 70 years.  ::)

No, I'm not joking and he has nothing to do with Hitler. Methinks you've been watching too much BBC.  ::)

Try watching Milo's Yiannopolous' interview here. I share his views on Trump and he can explain it far better than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fely6gd2Q-k  :y
« Last Edit: 27 May 2016, 20:15:49 by Migalot »

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2016, 00:24:14 »

No, just actual clips of him speaking where he:

- proposed banning immigration of people based on race/religion
- advocated mass deportation
- proposed the labelling of people based on their religion
- instructed his followers to physically assault those who oppose his views
- made sexist, racist and homophobic comments

You will note points 1-4 were pretty big in Germany in the mid-thirties. All of the above are also available on YouTube, as I can see you're a fan.

If you genuinely believe this kind of rhetoric is acceptable in a national leader then there is no basis to start a discussion, I can only conclude you're either deluded, trolling, or a total prat.

This is without the general idiocy of his comments including this (latest one) on California's 5yr drought:

“If I win, we’re going to start opening up the water so you can have your farmers survive, so that your job market will get better,” the presumptive Republican nominee said. “We’re going to get it done and we’re going to get it done quick, don’t even think about it, that’s an easy one.”

Give me a oppsing break  ::)
« Last Edit: 28 May 2016, 00:30:02 by jimmy944 »

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2016, 10:27:35 »

Sorry Jimmy, but I can't agree with your sentiments.

A selection of soundbites, out of context and deliberately chosen to incite disbelief and ridicule does not a person make.

The people make the politician, not the other way round, summat our lot could learn a thing or two about. US presidential candidates are very good at listening to the mood of a state and giving back what people want to hear. The best ones at this become Presidents, regardless of how good or bad they actually are, and if they're that bad they don't last two terms, hell some don't even manage one.

Don't forget too that the bible belt covers at least a third of the US and is predominantly white protestant. This doesn't make them racist or uneducated; (I might be as bold as to suggest that it makes them more religiously tolerant). And when it comes to immigration, everyones biggest concern is the number of people illegally coming in from Mexico... they simply want to know that their jobs are safe so that their kids will have some sort of a future, food on the table and, the fortnightly truck payments are made.

Incidentally,  this is no different to our own concerns regarding the never ending stream of people from the outer EU, Turkey and beyond.

The presidential candidates address each crowd in a way that those people might be most receptive too. Trump is ahead because the people feel that he presents with more conviction than Hilary... of course you could also argue that Hilary Clinton has already served two terms in the White House... ::)

Will Trump make a good President? Who knows... he won't be any worse that that idiot GW Bush, indeed he is clearly an astute businessman, so clearly has some financial accumen but he will be the next President,  so better get used to the idea :y

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2016, 11:01:07 »

I can only conclude you're either deluded, trolling, or a total prat.

Nice.

Leftie abuse alert. ::) ::) ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2016, 11:10:31 »

Buy shares in wall builders ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2016, 11:11:02 »

Something I said... ???

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2016, 10:57:21 »

Will Trump make a good President? Who knows... he won't be any worse that that idiot GW Bush, indeed he is clearly an astute businessman, so clearly has some financial accumen but he will be the next President,  so better get used to the idea :y

Absolutely. I put much of the blame on him and his then British PM lapdog for the rise of ISIL
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2016, 12:39:53 »

The Republican Party do seem to struggle with credible leaders.

Ronald Reagan and 'good old George W' to name  two.

It won't be a surprise to see Trump defeat Bill Clinton's wife.

Sorry, but  far too big a job for a mere woman.

This leaves Mr Trump with his finger on the nuclear button. :-\

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2016, 13:37:57 »

That really is the scary bit

If the quite mild mannered GWB simplistically misunderstands 9/11 and the whole of the middle east, and invades a country on the basis of ignorance, then what can the extrovert and mouthy Trump be capable of ?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2016, 13:41:51 »

That really is the scary bit

If the quite mild mannered GWB simplistically misunderstands 9/11 and the whole of the middle east, and invades a country on the basis of ignorance, then what can the extrovert and mouthy Trump be capable of ?

Armageddon.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2016, 13:49:52 »

Trump is as mad as a March hare......and dangerous. :-\

With the exception of his lovely hair there is nothing I like about the man. :)
That`s the perception that he chooses to convey.
He orates what most of the American populous want to hear, totally opposite to the UK`s arse-kissing "old boys network" who treat the majority of their own electorate as too uneducated to differentiate bullshit from truth
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2016, 14:03:30 »

There is no nuClear button.Thats a myth.
Reagan by the way was a great president. He brought about the end of the cold war and gave the U.S back its pride that it had lost in Vietnam.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 May 2016, 16:35:04 »

There is no nuClear button.Thats a myth.
Reagan by the way was a great president. He brought about the end of the cold war and gave the U.S back its pride that it had lost in Vietnam.

I agree, maybe not "great" but pretty good, despite the Spitting Image portrayal of him. The reason is that he could recognise good advice and listened to it. He and Maggie were great mates, Ah maybe "mates" is the wrong word  ::) , Friends.

As recent US presidents go, I rate Clinton, despite his errrrrrrrrrr shortcommings if you know what I mean  ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 May 2016, 16:56:43 »

Buy shares in nuclear bunker builders ;D

Fixed. If anybody thinks having somebody as mentally unstable as Trump's vindictive temper and very limited intellect,who holds the nuclear codes and has the launch final say is good for humanity, I hope all of our lucks holds. :(

I intensely dislike Hillary Clinton, but I would rather put up with 4 years of her, than dictator Trump who trample all over the rule of law and democratic institutions to do things his illegal way, which may end early for the majority with a nuclear exchange. :(

If you have ever had the displeasure of working with or for somebody like Trump, who think they are always right, even when they are wrong, they are very poor and cause enormous continuous problems with all they do as they don't have a self-correcting, improvement, learning mechanism. In such circumstances the only sensible thing to do is what I did, which was walk away and move on. With POTUS none of us can! :o :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 May 2016, 18:27:06 »

Not sure if I'm more scared of Trump, for all the obvious reasons, or a daft cow who fails to understand that your Hotmail account is not the best medium for sensitive government communications. I think the septics are in for an interesting ride. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.