Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.  (Read 5966 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
£90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.
« on: 27 May 2016, 14:21:22 »

Received in the post, £90 parking fine for parking in there Store whilst doing a 15 min shop in there.  >:(

Turns out they changed the rules recently, you have to declare your Reg Number at the till or face a fine. WTF. been shopping there for years, news to me.  :(

The Parking is subcontracted out to a third party, just been on the phone to them, waste of time, been told to contact Lidl for them to reverse the ticket, whilst on the phone I asked them to provide evidence of the agreed Contract I supposedly had them, the bird just laughed and said pay the fine or contact Lidl sir.  :(

On the phone to Lidl, they saying submit proof of shopping (ie Receipt, which I dont have anymore and yes I paid cash) and they may consider it as its a new policy at the Store.

I also asked Lidl,
1. Why was I not informed at the Till that I could face a fine for parking in the Carpark,
2. Do I get fined if I walk in the Store, look around, dont buy anything and walk out again (Ive actually done this when looking for Specials but are out of stock)
3. Why do they need my Reg Number at the till, this is personal data information, what is it being used for other than to confirm Im parked in your carpark but you already know that from the ANPR Cameras.
4. Why was I not informed of your Parking Fine Policy before walking into the Store to Shop.

No answers other than, you have to write to us.

Sodding thieving robbers, should I just ignore this, can it be enforced?

05omegav6

Re: £90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2016, 14:25:34 »

Think now they're enforceable  :-\

Search Martin Lewis car park fines for upto date advice :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2016, 14:27:07 »

Just write to the store manager politely telling him he can foxtrott oscar if he thinks you've ever going to walk into his shop again. Follow up with a letter in the local rag.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2016, 14:28:10 »

Think now they're enforceable  :-\

Search Martin Lewis car park fines for upto date advice :y

Agreement not being clearly communicated to the driver is a reason for giving them the bird, that's for sure. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2016, 14:29:01 »

The first point to check is whether there were any signs clearly visible in the car park informing users of the regulations. If not, and there were no signs in the store entrance informing customers of the requirements, then I would certainly challenge it.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2016, 14:35:43 »

Im F£$%^%$g furious, going back to the store now, to speak to the Manager, dont have a reciept for that day, but just collected all the 5p and 10p Lidl bags I have in the kitchen that Ive collected over the years, probably got around 25+, just wondering if there all going to fit up the Managers rectum.  >:( 

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2016, 14:56:58 »

Just been handed a Mug of Tea and under orders to calm down before leaving the house, and breath,. will visit the shop this afternoon.  ::)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2016, 15:05:22 »

Just been handed a Mug of Tea and under orders to calm down before leaving the house, and breath,. will visit the shop this afternoon.  ::)

Don't forget to register at the til. ::) ::) ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2016, 16:13:30 »

The mug of tea is a good idea. I can understand why you are furious. That is the sort of thing I left Britain to escape from.

You might feel good about shouting at the manager but you won't get your £90 back. Present your evidence of being a good shopper. (e.g. your bags) ask why there isn't a prominent sign, You could even draw up a list of things you bought on that trip and ask him to get one of his/her staff to trawl through till receipts for that day looking for yours. (they won't but it might help).

If that fails then take a notebook with you and make notes of what the manager said, their name and time etc. Then find the name of someone at head office and take it up with them.

I recently took on Orange here in Spain because they lost my SIM card during their faulty dongle changeout process. Didn't achieve anything other than use a lot of peoples time. They never even offered to refund the money they made me pay. I shall not be complaining again or using Orange ever again. It did however register on number of complaints.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2016, 16:35:59 »

Before you give the Store Manager both barrels, more often than not, the supermarket don't own the land that the store is on. Parking is usually enforced on behalf of the company who own the land, and the store company (Lidl in this case) have no say in the matter whatsoever and any enforcement. The store often offers to pay any parking fee on production of the parking ticket as a goodwill gesture as paying to park when you are shopping goes against the grain, and joe public don't always realise that the parking enforcement is nothing to do with the supermarket themselves.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2016, 16:39:11 by johnnydog »

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2016, 16:52:09 »

The first point to check is whether there were any signs clearly visible in the car park informing users of the regulations. If not, and there were no signs in the store entrance informing customers of the requirements, then I would certainly challenge it.
I agree...signage is the key to this. When you visit, take pictures of any signs that are in place, they have to conform to certain rules. If they do conform, you are at the mercy of Lidl.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2016, 17:06:01 »

Ok, thanks all for your comments, Ive calmed down now            ........I think:-\

Just hope I dont meet some Jobs Worth on my visit back there.

Anyway, now for for something completly different, In Tomorrows News..........        ;D

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2016, 17:11:52 »

A lot used to depend on whether it is council owned land or private land, and previously on private land the notice could be ignored dispite threats of county court action, or you could make an offer to pay what would be deemed as reasonable i.e. £5, to prevent any further action, but unfortunately a recent court case changed the private land side of it stating that a penalty of £85 for an infringement is reasonable (maybe on a County Court judges wages - certainly not mine, but that's another story). So unfortunately, if the signs are in place then it's looking like you may have to stump up if Lidl themselves don't sort it.
Council owned land is still the same - they have you by the short and curlies and there's very little you can do. All the exemptions are on most Council parking websites.
I've been through this on three occasions in recent years - two were mine, one my wife's. I was successful on the first on private land, the second on council property I had to pay, and the wife's on private land was after this Court ruling, so again, we decided to pay as it now just can't be ignored as previously. :(

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2016, 17:18:15 »

Ok, thanks all for your comments, Ive calmed down now            ........I think:-\

Just hope I dont meet some Jobs Worth on my visit back there.

Anyway, now for for something completly different, In Tomorrows News..........        ;D

I've attended many incidents like that, and they share a number of features: a driver who was at least 80; an automatic car; a heart attack  caused by the car reaching second gear in a car park(now you know that mankind can't survive at excessive speeds!); and the witnesses all claiming that "It sounded like a dragster at Santa Pod" although I've never heard a Perodua Kenari sound like a top fueler.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2016, 17:21:12 »

Best advise is on here, don't ignore it, send a letter as per the template, looking at the responses all the ones I've seen had the ticket cancelled.  :y :y :y

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.