Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.  (Read 5962 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: £90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2016, 17:21:25 »

Received in the post, £90 parking fine for parking in there Store whilst doing a 15 min shop in there.  >:(

Turns out they changed the rules recently, you have to declare your Reg Number at the till or face a fine. WTF. been shopping there for years, news to me.  :(

The Parking is subcontracted out to a third party, just been on the phone to them, waste of time, been told to contact Lidl for them to reverse the ticket, whilst on the phone I asked them to provide evidence of the agreed Contract I supposedly had them, the bird just laughed and said pay the fine or contact Lidl sir.  :(

On the phone to Lidl, they saying submit proof of shopping (ie Receipt, which I dont have anymore and yes I paid cash) and they may consider it as its a new policy at the Store.

I also asked Lidl,
1. Why was I not informed at the Till that I could face a fine for parking in the Carpark,
2. Do I get fined if I walk in the Store, look around, dont buy anything and walk out again (Ive actually done this when looking for Specials but are out of stock)
3. Why do they need my Reg Number at the till, this is personal data information, what is it being used for other than to confirm Im parked in your carpark but you already know that from the ANPR Cameras.
4. Why was I not informed of your Parking Fine Policy before walking into the Store to Shop.

No answers other than, you have to write to us.

Sodding thieving robbers, should I just ignore this, can it be enforced?

Had the same problem at Aldi.

1. Ask to see the manager and tell him you are a regular customer.
2. Tell him the approximate time you did your shop and the approximate amount you spent.
3. If helpful he will then find a till receipt (probably not yours) for the correct time and amount.
4. Submit copy of till receipt to the private parking company.
5. All charges should then be dropped.

The manager I spoke to at Aldi was very helpful. He simply disappeared for a couple of minutes and returned with a till receipt. This must be yours, he said. :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2016, 17:25:58 »

Best advise is on here, don't ignore it, send a letter as per the template, looking at the responses all the ones I've seen had the ticket cancelled.  :y :y :y

I think you will be fighting a losing battle even with a letter if the car park is run by ParkingEye or similar cash hungry companies. If Lidl themselves own the land, then maybe, but I doubt they do - not with having a system like that in place.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2016, 17:31:04 »

Best advise is on here, don't ignore it, send a letter as per the template, looking at the responses all the ones I've seen had the ticket cancelled.  :y :y :y

I think you will be fighting a losing battle even with a letter if the car park is run by ParkingEye or similar cash hungry companies. If Lidl themselves own the land, then maybe, but I doubt they do - not with having a system like that in place.

Parking Eye are bastards. However, once they  received a copy of the till receipt they had no choice but to drop all charges. :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2016, 17:35:47 »

Not looking at some of the recent replies one below April 2016....

Hi all, I have had my parking charge from Lidl through Athena cancelled recently.

I overstayed by 18 minutes and explained my situation via email and reiterated I am a regular and loyal customer and did not feel the charge should be upheld. I sent to the CEO, copying in the Customer services manager and Athena themselves.

Lidl confirmed they've asked for the charge to be cancelled and highlighted the rules: Thank you for taking the time to contact our Managing Director. Mr Gottschlich has asked that I respond to you on his behalf.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

I can advise that the system in this store allows 10 minutes free parking, however genuine customers should give their car registration number to the Cashier, this will then allow the full allocated time of free parking.

In light of your comments, I have contacted Athena and have requested that this charge be cancelled. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Laura Johnston
Customer Service Management.

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2016, 17:44:04 »

My local lidl doesn't do this but they are undergoing redevelopment so maybe they'll start after it's finished.
John.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 May 2016, 17:50:02 »

:o Bit of a worry this as I sometimes pop into our local Lidl just for a nose at the tools , hope the sods don't try something similar here

ted_one

« Reply #21 on: 27 May 2016, 17:55:44 »

I delegate all shopping responsibilities to SWMBO :)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 May 2016, 18:30:14 »

They've been doing this for some time at my local Lidl. Fact is a LOT of people used to park there and go to the Town Centre shops and even park there for their work. I know this, I've seen them, lots of them. This resulted in no parking spaces for customers. A couple of time I was completely unable to park to park to use the shop, but not since the cameras. Sorry, I fully support the system, providing they do it properly.

In this Lidl, there is loads of signage, but always everyone is asked their reg no when paying. Even if you only know part of it they can look it up. This only kicks in 10 minutes (I thinks it's 10) after the car was registered by the CCTV.

Down here parking is ridiculously cheap in public car parks. But even so people are so tight they will go to enormous lengths to avoid paying anything at all. A local church near the town became disused, and in no time at all the grounds were full of cars every day.

My advice, do not go storming in looking for a confrontation. Be cool, calm, collected, and polite. Far more likely to get a result.  :y   
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 27 May 2016, 19:22:51 »

Best way... ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2016, 19:24:48 »

Best way... ;D
I had to look it up on the internet.  Apparently girlies have to go to this warehouse type buildings...  ...and stuff doesn't grow in fridges...
Grumpy old man

ted_one

« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2016, 19:57:47 »

That confirms the rumour,and thus  we can keep the status quo :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2016, 21:15:28 »

So, it therefore seeme that only Zirk and Myself are wimpy enough to have have been browbeaten into doing shopping  :'(
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 27 May 2016, 21:17:30 »

So, it therefore seeme that only Zirk and Myself are wimpy enough to have have been browbeaten into doing shopping  :'(
Well... you live 200 miles from anywhere, you're wife doesn't drive and Asda won't deliver to Wales...

Not sure what Zirks excuse is :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2016, 21:30:28 »

I push the trolly around ASDA .... does that still count?  ::)

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 May 2016, 22:14:57 »

Received in the post, £90 parking fine for parking in there Store whilst doing a 15 min shop in there.  >:(

Turns out they changed the rules recently, you have to declare your Reg Number at the till or face a fine. WTF. been shopping there for years, news to me.  :(

The Parking is subcontracted out to a third party, just been on the phone to them, waste of time, been told to contact Lidl for them to reverse the ticket, whilst on the phone I asked them to provide evidence of the agreed Contract I supposedly had them, the bird just laughed and said pay the fine or contact Lidl sir.  :(

On the phone to Lidl, they saying submit proof of shopping (ie Receipt, which I dont have anymore and yes I paid cash) and they may consider it as its a new policy at the Store.

I also asked Lidl,
1. Why was I not informed at the Till that I could face a fine for parking in the Carpark,
2. Do I get fined if I walk in the Store, look around, dont buy anything and walk out again (Ive actually done this when looking for Specials but are out of stock)
3. Why do they need my Reg Number at the till, this is personal data information, what is it being used for other than to confirm Im parked in your carpark but you already know that from the ANPR Cameras.
4. Why was I not informed of your Parking Fine Policy before walking into the Store to Shop.

No answers other than, you have to write to us.

Sodding thieving robbers, should I just ignore this, can it be enforced?
cant be enforced unless police or council one treid it with me didnt pay it  heard nothing :y :y :y :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.