Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re:Hot Start Fix for Diesel  (Read 741 times)

350sb

• London
    • X reg 2.5 TD GLS
    • View Profile
Re:Hot Start Fix for Diesel
« on: 17 July 2010, 20:33:36 »

Hi Guys,

I was a clear day today and decided to have a go at fitting the hot start fix in the tractor. Easy to find the red/white on the glow plug,but was a mission finding the grey/blue wire for the temperature sender.Connected the 4 wires,the battery and started the car only to find that the rev counter does not work and idle speed is over 1000RPM. Disconnected the unit and the tractor is back to normal. Why is the rev counter being disabled unless the temperature sender wire is a different colour?
Any ideas/tips?

350sb

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Re:Hot Start Fix for Diesel
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2010, 03:16:35 »

Sounds like the wireing on the kit is affecting the cars wireing.

Personally I would contact the supplier or manufacturer, you could have a fualty unit or the unit may have know problems on certain cars/models.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2010, 08:19:54 »

sounds like you accidently connected to the throttle flyby wire pedal? and altered the tickover? would retrace me steps and try again, does it have aircon? maybe you somehow connected this together and the engine thinks it is under a heavy load?

the only other thing i can think of is on a very cold day when the system works the first start the tickover is high till the engine picks up a bit of heat, then it reduces it to normal, so maybe your system worked and told the engine it was very cold? did you let the engine warm up before switching it off?

350sb

• London
    • X reg 2.5 TD GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2010, 15:02:20 »

The car does not have an A/C although their is a button on the switch panel and the 2 electric fans have their plug dangling below.I would like to connect an A/C if it is possible.
I spoke to the man from Taw Park 4x4 who rekons that if connected the correct way,it should have a 30 second delay and then switch off,otherwise there might have been some modification in the past(eg. chip tuning).He did ask me if I connected the grey wire with the blue line ,which is what I've done.In this case the engine electronics light which goes off once the car has started still stayed on and had to turn off the ignition due to the rev counter not working.
I do remember bypassing the key fob operation 2 years ago as advised by Mark as I don't have the card with the alarm code.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.