Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 3.2 estate Starts but won't run  (Read 2202 times)

05omegav6

Re: Omega 3.2 estate Starts but won't run
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2015, 11:40:58 »

Today's not your day... ::)

No ICV on DBW cars either ;)

Oh, god, these blummin' swanky doo-dah 2.6 / 3.2s - you'll be telling me they have a poncy drive by wire throttle, not a proper cable next!!!!  :D :D
Weelll, now that you mention it... ::) ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2015, 11:51:37 »

:y :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

GrpB Tom

• Shefford, bedfordshire
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2015, 16:19:15 »

Had a good afternoon stripping everything back down and checking for possible causes of air leaks.
First issue was a bit of plastic that had got caught on the O ring grooves on the plenum. Had deformed the new o ring slightly but nothing irrecoverable. I discovered why I cannot detach my inlet and injectors completely -  it's been hardwired into my LPG ecu. Should have realised that first time around. Next interesting discovery was the air vacuum valve at the back of the right hand bank had broken off - completely. Further investigation revealed this had been broken and then repaired with epoxy. The mix was a little heavy on hardener and it had become brittle. My fiddlings earlier had caused it to separate. I believe this was the root of unmetered air getting into the cycle and playing havoc with the other sensors. My bodge with the gaskets probably made no difference when compared to the open end of a vacuum pipe! One slight problem that I need help with - the valve is held in place by a rather curious fastener. Not sure how it works. There is a centre core which would suggest a push fit application. Certainly not enough room to weald a spanner or ratchet. Any ideas? Would download a photo but can't on this post.

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2015, 16:43:03 »

The existence of lpg is an omission, as it double the list of potential issues... That said, it sounds like that valve is the source of your problem...

iirc it is held in by two Allen or female torx bolts... Remove the whole assembly then dismantle it :y

GrpB Tom

• Shefford, bedfordshire
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2015, 13:42:44 »

All good news! My second hand vacuum switchover valve and vacuum valve arrived this morning and I quickly fitted them and put everything back together. Turning the key with a freshly charged battery the engine burst into life. The idle held at about 700rpms and I couldn't hear any undue whistling sounds. The temp gauge got up to just shy of 90 deg before the thermostat opened and after a while the front fans kicked in. I took the car for a short spin to check everything was ok.
On return from my run I refilled the expansion tank as that had run down and double checked for leaks. I also put the heating on and felt a blast of hot air before it died down to a luke warm flow. I guess there must be an airlock in the system which I'll have to work out over time. therefore I think that's it - all sorted. Just goes to show what mischief an air leak can cause on these cars!
Many thanks for all your help. The anecdotes regarding air leaks was the break through and proved to be correct. That's all until next time!

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2015, 12:06:02 »

Great news!

Now can you fix mine?  ;D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.