Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: screen allways condensation ?  (Read 2246 times)

bigjono

• crewe cheshire
    • omega 2.2 saloon 52 plate
    • View Profile
screen allways condensation ?
« on: 24 January 2015, 10:47:35 »

bought all the filters to service the old girl, as ive had it 3 months and dont know when last done, few little questions, plus its a 2.2 diesel

1, screen allways seems to be wet i.e like condensation, read on few threads scuttle blocked drains, ? ill look at this when do pollen filter

2, diesel filter looks in a tricky place , anything to remove to get at it ?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: screen allways condensation ?
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2015, 10:53:24 »

1, screen allways seems to be wet i.e like condensation, read on few threads scuttle blocked drains, ? ill look at this when do pollen filter

Does sound as though the filter could be wet. Have you checked under the front passenger side carpet for being wet?

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90535.0

bigjono

• crewe cheshire
    • omega 2.2 saloon 52 plate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2015, 10:57:46 »

all carpets dry, i used to travel 12 miles to work and 12 back, had screen heater on all way home, within an hour or so screen steamed up, theese frosty morning takes ages to dry out even get ice on inside lol, be quicker walk to work only a mile away now

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2015, 11:22:44 »

Check that the air vents in the boot (right hand side behind the removable panel) haven't been covered by anything as this is one of the main culprits for causing excess moisture in the cabin. Also, as said check the passenger side scuttle for any blockage and while in there check the pollen filter for wetness/buildup of crud etc. Btw, the passenger footwell carpets don't always feel wet on the surface when the scuttle is blocked, it is the soundproofing material underneath that acts as a sponge & retains the most water, only getting the carpet wet when the blockage has gone unnoticed for some time and/or prolonged  wet weather. :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2015, 15:44:39 »

Also does the aircon work and do you use it ::)

Elmstoneboy

• Biddenden Kent UK
    • J reg 2.6 V6 Auto CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2015, 16:48:59 »

Had this problem myself last winter, but this winter decided to try with the AC on ECO so you get temp control but no chilling, (this could be the cause of ice inside). and so far, brilliant no problems at all, and cabin warms up a lot quicker. Vents starting to blow warm in about 1/4 mile. Hardly needed the screen booster either. All three vent directions turned on.
Not sure if the AC would come on much anyway as compressor stays off below 5 deg C outside. Also with the AC being turned off you don't get it's Kenlow blasting freezing air through the rad.
So with the seat heater set on 1 as well, now snug as a bug.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2015, 18:57:54 »

Had this problem myself last winter, but this winter decided to try with the AC on ECO so you get temp control but no chilling, (this could be the cause of ice inside). and so far, brilliant no problems at all, and cabin warms up a lot quicker. Vents starting to blow warm in about 1/4 mile. Hardly needed the screen booster either. All three vent directions turned on.
Not sure if the AC would come on much anyway as compressor stays off below 5 deg C outside. Also with the AC being turned off you don't get it's Kenlow blasting freezing air through the rad.

Strange, as often the cause of condensation is because the AC is U/S. :-\

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2015, 22:15:01 »

Apologies if I have asked this before, but where are the vents on an Omega estate? My estate was very bad yesterday with condensation. The aircon has failed, I know, but the front n/s carpets are dry, the n/s drain is clear, and I cannot see anything blocking a vent in the rear pockets; but nor can I find the vents. I have tools, gloves etc, stored in the rear pockets.

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2015, 23:49:58 »

Terry, they're behind the jack stowage between the spare wheel and rear bumper... :y

Elmstoneboy

• Biddenden Kent UK
    • J reg 2.6 V6 Auto CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2015, 00:02:43 »

Strange, as often the cause of condensation is because the AC is U/S. :-\

Yes agree, this has been my understanding in the past.
It may well be the case, once the air is coming through warm, but if the AC gets cold before the air get warm, (a typical situation at startup), you would effectively be chilling the
air/screen and condensing out your breath. 
Well that was my train of thought and so far seems to solve the situation. Probably steam up tomorrow  :-[

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2015, 03:07:46 »

A common misconception that... Aircon simply dries the air... Cooling is a by product of that proces. The heater then warms the air up as it comes into the car, but obviously only once it's warmed up...:y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2015, 08:20:58 »

A common misconception that... Aircon simply dries the air... Cooling is a by product of that proces. The heater then warms the air up as it comes into the car, but obviously only once it's warmed up...:y

what about climate control then .......  ::) ::) ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2015, 08:24:31 »

That's simply a fancy way of setting the temperature and airflow... as well you know ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2015, 16:16:18 »

This thread sounds familiar. ;D ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2015, 16:27:21 »

This thread sounds familiar. ;D ;D
Tell me about it... ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.