Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall owned Omega's  (Read 5416 times)

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • Mondeo TXS-Jaguar XJ40x2
    • View Profile
Vauxhall owned Omega's
« on: 26 February 2018, 17:20:57 »

It has been a while since I have been on the forum :-[ and due to my 2.6 elite auto estate being off the road for just over 3 years!  :o but now undergoing repairs by my new friendly mechanic (At much cost) and should be back on the road hopefully by the 1st march. :D

OK, whilst checking throuh various paper work that I have amassed with this car I found that it was first registered to Vauxhall motors Ltd for the first 17 months at an address in Old Hall Road, Sale: and the tax band was disabled? The registered dealer was Vauxhall Fleet Management at Upper Heyford Airfield Bicester. ???

I thought this was rather strange/amusing and wondered if any other forum member had come across this before with Vauxhall, or could shed some light on the locations! I also wonder if any Vauxhall management had owned this car who was obviously disabled.  :)

I look forward to your comments.. Mike.  :y
Mike.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall owned Omega's
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2018, 17:28:07 »

Given the Upper Heyford connection, I'd suggest a test/demo for Thames Valley Plod...

Its a nice long runway, and TVP use for driver training, and also some of the hangers for modifications.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2018, 17:53:41 »

Thrashed then.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2018, 18:04:55 »

Thrashed then.  ;D
Mine certainly was every time it went there :D
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2018, 18:16:18 »

Could nave just been a Company Car that was made available to the Driver that was a Registered Disabled.

Fairly sure that a Company Car made available in this case as a Benefit or Perk, ie, Director, and used solely for driving to and from work and Private use can be declared as Zero Road Fund Class, however if the same Car is used in the connection of the Business, ie, Reps Car then its Classed and Taxed as normal.

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2018, 21:40:14 »

Sounds odd but my money is on a disability car for Vauxhall management
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 February 2018, 09:08:46 »

Three of my Omegas were first registered to Vauxhall Fleet Management, at Sale, Cheshire; as were most vehicles with the reg KV, KM etc. They often just had 'Vauxhall' on their number plates, instead of a supplying dealer. It was one way of providing a new car to Vauxhall employees at a lower monthly cost without the initial deposit usually required. The benefits were a new vehicle at regular intervals, but it was also a source of 'nearly new, low mileage' vehicles that were made available direct to dealers, and then through Vauxhall closed sales at auction again primarily for dealers. It was also a way of Vauxhall boosting new vehicle registration figures.
All manufacturers do it - pre registering vehicles, making vehicles available on a company short term lease scheme for employees which then provides a source for nearly new vehicles 'at great savings!', or so they claimed.
Although the sales / registration figures for Omegas were low in comparison to other models, it makes you wonder the what the sales figures would have actually been had the numbers of Omegas had not been initially registered this way......
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 February 2018, 09:57:59 »

It's all starting to make sense now, I can assume either that it was a test vehicle for some organisation or Vauxhall at the airdrome and then passed onto a disability Vauxhall manager as a company vehicle! Or as johonnydog suggests for increased sales figures? My Omega has a KV registration.

My thanks to one and all for your imput.  :y
Mike.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 February 2018, 11:07:39 »

Prefix of Kv,Kl,Ka,etc is a Luton registration.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 February 2018, 16:55:45 »

But as the dealer was the airstrip, that puts it plod, probably for driver training, probably didn't go on any public road during that time.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2018, 18:07:13 »

But as the dealer was the airstrip, that puts it plod, probably for driver training, probably didn't go on any public road during that time.
Cant help thinking why they would train on 2.6 Elite, most Plod trainers were the same as Plod Road Spec, ie, 3.0/3.2, LSD etc.  :-\

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2018, 09:47:49 »

Cant help thinking why they would train on 2.6 Elite, most Plod trainers were the same as Plod Road Spec, ie, 3.0/3.2, LSD etc.  :-\

Remember not all plod vehicles were pursuit as  some were for CID work and high ranking officers! and all drivers were trained to various levels.  ;)
Mike.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2018, 20:45:30 »

I've had two ex Police Omegas - both Elites. The first was a '02 3.2 Elite saloon in cherry red metallic (can't remember the correct colour name) which was owned by Leicestershire Police, and was used by a Staff Officer with a driver. This car was well spec'd with an NCDC 2015, colour screen with telematics. When I bought it, it had been privately owned for a good number of years, and had been neglected mechanically, and is now off the road for breaking.
The second was a '03 2.6 Elite saloon in Black Sapphire, which was used by the National Crime Agency. Amazingly, they used the vehicle from 2 years old until it was 12 years old (in 2015) when I bought it. It had been leased through Inchape Fleet Solutions, and had the wiring for some sort of discreet recording equipment in it. I was surprised that it was actually used for Police purposes for so long.
This was a great car, but I sold it last year as I had too many...!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 March 2018, 11:31:43 »

I've had two ex Police Omegas - both Elites. The first was a '02 3.2 Elite saloon in cherry red metallic (can't remember the correct colour name) which was owned by Leicestershire Police, and was used by a Staff Officer with a driver. This car was well spec'd with an NCDC 2015, colour screen with telematics. When I bought it, it had been privately owned for a good number of years, and had been neglected mechanically, and is now off the road for breaking.
The second was a '03 2.6 Elite saloon in Black Sapphire, which was used by the National Crime Agency. Amazingly, they used the vehicle from 2 years old until it was 12 years old (in 2015) when I bought it. It had been leased through Inchape Fleet Solutions, and had the wiring for some sort of discreet recording equipment in it. I was surprised that it was actually used for Police purposes for so long.

i nearly bought a 2.5 td which was being advertised in Manchester . the colour was a bright red which of i had never seen on a mig & had allegedly been used by the special branch. how they would know that beats me

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 March 2018, 12:28:42 »

Bright red Lundun registered plod owned Omegas were almost certainly Diplomatic Protection Group cars.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.