Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 radio removal  (Read 1107 times)

IGBryant

• TW19
    • View Profile
2005 radio removal
« on: 30 August 2010, 02:12:01 »

What tools do I need ? How do I remove it ?

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 radio removal
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2010, 10:31:30 »

You firstly want some double din radio removal pins/keys. Available from Halfords, but they are sometimes difficult to engage onto the release clips at the side of the radio, a bit fiddly.
Insert into each side of the radio via the four minute holes in the facia, you may have to remove the four grub screws first (allen key) which are normally in there. Once the pins are inserted fully the you should be able to withdraw the radio, but it's never that easy.
They are a tight fit especially the double din one (ccr 2006) but the single one you have should be easier.

Do not, I repeat do not pull on the front facia of the radio, it will break away from the unit if you do, very fragile. You can get some sought of pull on the unit with you fingers to help ease it out under the front via the ashtray opening, but take care.
Good luck some are a pain in the neck to remove, others not so.

Mick

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2010, 19:36:17 »

You firstly want some double din radio removal pins/keys. Available from Halfords, but they are sometimes difficult to engage onto the release clips at the side of the radio, a bit fiddly.
Insert into each side of the radio via the four minute holes in the facia, you may have to remove the four grub screws first (allen key) which are normally in there. Once the pins are inserted fully the you should be able to withdraw the radio, but it's never that easy.
They are a tight fit especially the double din one (ccr 2006) but the single one you have should be easier.

Do not, I repeat do not pull on the front facia of the radio, it will break away from the unit if you do, very fragile. You can get some sought of pull on the unit with you fingers to help ease it out under the front via the ashtray opening, but take care.
Good luck some are a pain in the neck to remove, others not so.

Mick

CDR2005 IS a double DIN unit as well as CCR2006  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2010, 22:57:43 »

4 thin screwdrivers do the job, sick of taking swmbo radio out, plug seems to keep loosing it's contact...and needs doing again ... ::) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2010, 19:30:51 »

Because the cdr2005 is really just a single DIN unit with a double DIN facia, it almost falls out by itself if you use the normal proper double din removal tools.

Its not like the ccr2006 and ncdc range which are true double din, and tend to be a tight fit in the cage, and can be a preggers dog to get out...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.