Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1998 2,0 auto fault codes. Non starter.  (Read 3287 times)

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: 1998 2,0 auto fault codes. Non starter.
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2019, 03:46:07 »

There is a new old stock secondary air system valve, GM 90466214, on ebay at the moment. It's grubby looking so it hasn't sold, so the seller has relisted it several times. Now starting at £15.00 + postage @ £3.75. I'd 'make an offer' and see what happens. Can't be worse than one from a scrapper. If you do buy the valve then blow through the vacuum ports with compressed air.

This electric solenoid valve switches vacuum to actuate the secondary air injection valve that sits to it's left in your photo (in the other thread). This injection valve is not the HBV heater bypass valve.

The injection valve inlet hose connects to a one way (aka check) valve that is screwed onto a metal pipe that is bracketed to the engine. V6 check valves are made by Pierburg, yours might be as well.  This pipe in turn will connect to the secondary air pump. When the air pump is running and the solenoid activated vacuum will open the secondary air injection valve and air pumps into the exhaust ports. This should only happen when the engine is cold.

So you don't want the secondary air injection valve to be failed or otherwise stuck open.
« Last Edit: 19 November 2019, 03:49:16 by Enceladus »

Dave Ghost

• North East
    • 1998 2.0 Vauxhall Omega
    • View Profile
Re: 1998 2,0 auto fault codes. Non starter.
« Reply #16 on: 19 November 2019, 11:48:25 »

There is a new old stock secondary air system valve, GM 90466214, on ebay at the moment. It's grubby looking so it hasn't sold, so the seller has relisted it several times. Now starting at £15.00 + postage @ £3.75. I'd 'make an offer' and see what happens. Can't be worse than one from a scrapper. If you do buy the valve then blow through the vacuum ports with compressed air.

This electric solenoid valve switches vacuum to actuate the secondary air injection valve that sits to it's left in your photo (in the other thread). This injection valve is not the HBV heater bypass valve.

The injection valve inlet hose connects to a one way (aka check) valve that is screwed onto a metal pipe that is bracketed to the engine. V6 check valves are made by Pierburg, yours might be as well.  This pipe in turn will connect to the secondary air pump. When the air pump is running and the solenoid activated vacuum will open the secondary air injection valve and air pumps into the exhaust ports. This should only happen when the engine is cold.

So you don't want the secondary air injection valve to be failed or otherwise stuck open.
Sir you are a star. I have just bought that part as mine is fuba. I am having a hell of a time to locate a part even a second hand part from a breakers. mine is broken off so it does not work at all.
Thank you very much for the info and the link.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.