Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3038129 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19680 on: 03 January 2020, 13:46:28 »

The two new wheel bearings in December see me up to £2,318.76 since September already.. £150pcm isn't going to cut it ;D

Ouch. That's some going! I may be in line for a new job in July that would mean losing the milk float. I was in the middle of convincing myself that I could afford a 4.4tdv8 FFRR.

Based on this, I can't.  ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #19681 on: 03 January 2020, 14:07:47 »

Depends how old it is and how many miles, really - my costs so far are an MOT, an alternator, door latch assembly, four new tyres, alignment, new battery (£180 because it was the AGM version - non AGM would have been a lot cheaper), two front wheel bearings.. all the work has been done by New Duston Garage who aren't inexpensive but aren't expensive when it comes to labour.

Would have been cheaper if I'd done it all myself - I'd have saved £500 off that cost.. but none of those things are 'unexpected' on a 10 year old car. Our other esteemed RRS owning member might get lucky and never have to replace any of those things since he bought a much lower mileage car than me - then again, they could all crap themselves tomorrow...

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #19682 on: 03 January 2020, 14:26:09 »

Hmm, not actually such a bad list when you put it like that.

I'd probably look at a 2011/12 car with c70k on the clock. Hopefully means I'd be able to change the gearbox oil before it'd been in tooo long.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #19683 on: 03 January 2020, 14:36:41 »

Took the Sh!troen Bingo for its MOT today and, unsurprisingly it did not pass.

But, it failed on a CV gaiter which is apparently a £25 job, so sadly I can't disown it on financial grounds just yet.  ::).

Also an advisory for rear pads which I sort when it's warmer outside.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #19684 on: 03 January 2020, 15:00:51 »

Took the Sh!troen Bingo for its MOT today and, unsurprisingly it did not pass.

But, it failed on a CV gaiter which is apparently a £25 job, so sadly I can't disown it on financial grounds just yet.  ::).

Also an advisory for rear pads which I sort when it's warmer outside.  ;D
I told you you'd end up feeling affection for the old girl 😀

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: 03 January 2020, 15:03:57 »

The two new wheel bearings in December see me up to £2,318.76 since September already.. £150pcm isn't going to cut it ;D

It will easily with £8,500 already sitting in my vehicle "slush fund"😀😀😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19686 on: 04 January 2020, 16:05:25 »

Had another play with airfix 1. Fully charged battery. Jump lead from battery negative to block - no change. Still showing p0201 as opposed to the previous p0204.
Swapped injectors from pot 1 and 4 over. Still shows p0201.
I think the thing to do now is to splash out £35  on a Renault-COM Bluetooth all the way from Manchester China and hope for the best.
I seriously doubt a wiring problem as it hasn't been disturbed at all, so now having thoughts of fried ECU.
I read today that Cherie Blair was on the board of Renault the same time as the bloke who arrived in Beirut in an instrument case the other day.
Had the seller of the Renault provided me with this info at the time, I would have run a mile. Might see a solicitor about this terrible lack of disclosure.

have you tired using a low watt 12v bulb as a noid light to test the wiring ? and checked loom plugs and continuity  :-\
example clicky

Might yet have to try that, but I have actually made some progress. I revisited my work and repeated it - bled injectors, checked connectors to injectors, earth connections etc and one thing I hadn't done before. I unplugged the ECU plugs and gave them a squirt of contact cleaner. It then started straight away, although was running a little rough, especially it low revs. No fault codes present or pending. I thought it might just need the replacement injector coded in.
Took it for a drive up the road but it isn't right. Feels like its running on three pots, but its a definite step forward.
Plugged the code reader in again and got P0263. Cylinder 1 contribution balance. Havent heard of that one before, but it seems its telling me cylinder one isn't firing, or isn't running properly. There can be many possible causes of this Im surprised it wasn't accompanied by an injector code, but there we are.
Still cant work out why its all cylinder 1 related now, when the original problem was with cylinder 4 injector, which has now been replaced.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19687 on: 04 January 2020, 16:45:58 »

any evidence of corrosion on the ECU terminals or water ingress ? common problem with some French cars

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19688 on: 04 January 2020, 17:29:35 »

No, all looked like new. A bit of research suggests it could be anything - ECU, wiring from there to injector, dirty injector, cheap supermarket fuel upsetting the fragile fuel system etc. etc.
I feel like Im getting somewhere now though, so going to keep at it as and when work and weather allows.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19689 on: 05 January 2020, 10:53:00 »

Got in the car this morning, started it up and it ran perfectly normally. Just driven it for a few miles and it drove perfectly. French / Welsh electrickery is a mysterious and strange thing indeed.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19690 on: 05 January 2020, 11:45:02 »

Got in the car this morning, started it up and it ran perfectly normally. Just driven it for a few miles and it drove perfectly. French / Welsh electrickery is a mysterious and strange thing indeed.
well done  :y
can't fault your perseverance and it paid off
the French slut probably got jealous of you spending time with that lovely English   German Vauxhall  :-X
"OK , that's FIXED ! on to the next fault " as Andrew Camarata would say  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: 05 January 2020, 11:48:19 »

Got a couple of small jobs still to do on it, which aren't related to the recent problems. Then it will be back onto the shortish list of jobs on the Omega, before it starts becoming a long list. All weather/ work/ motivation allowing of course.
Resident expert on the Renault forum reckons the crank sensor has relearned the injector opening times, which is why its now running ok. I haven't a fickin clue tbh, but as long as it stays that way...…...

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: 05 January 2020, 18:40:38 »

Fitted my original front number plate to the new frame on the Trolley.

It arrived last night whilst I was at work,  and as it's only four screws, I had no excuse not to... Especially as I have probably driven 1,000 miles with the front plate in the screen ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: 05 January 2020, 19:35:50 »

had the money light pop up on Mrs Builder's astra H estate  ::)
read all the modules , and looked at live data LTFT and STFT zero  but code was p0171 bank 1 lean ,
so i'm probably going to have to clean her flaps  :-X
any blank the EGR valve while i'm there
cleaned the glass ,put rainex on , just to try it

in other news ,the alternator I had to swap x-mas eve  ::) on one of the astra tractors ,was replaced FOC under warranty (ebay seller)  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19694 on: 06 January 2020, 07:18:56 »

Got to excited, too soon. Three miles into the journey to work last night it suddenly started running rough as a badgers arse again. Read the codes when I got to work and got P0263 again.
Im now convinced its a French conspiracy against me personally.
Too busy to bother with it during this week, so the 17 year old Vauxhall will have to come to the rescue again.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.