Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 updated. Now cant use smileys.  (Read 2854 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 updated. Now cant use smileys.
« Reply #15 on: 06 September 2019, 18:29:26 »

Use IE instead, problem 100% solved on OOF.

What are you, our IT department? Next you'll be telling me to disable all the security features, too, or use a VM of Windows 7 with IE 8...  :P
As well you know, Internet Exploder (and Edge) are some of the most secure browsers for Windows out there ;).  But then you are perfectly capable of making a reasoned choice.

But for the less literate PC users here, IE11 on Win 7/8/10 works well on OOF :).

OI, you saying Im backward ?  >:( :P
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 September 2019, 09:14:06 »

As well you know, Internet Exploder (and Edge) are some of the most secure browsers for Windows out there ;).  But then you are perfectly capable of making a reasoned choice.

They are until the thing running in them requires you turn all the security features off and install a specific version JRE.. (I'm looking at you, Siebel!) That's before we get to the things that require us to run Flash (I'm looking at you, ADP eTime!). Of course, the new "cross platform" versions are "coming soon" - and have been since 2012.. ;D ;D
I reckon for most of them, "cross platform" essentially means HTML5 based.  And browser support for that can best be described as not-quite-there.

But you mentioning Siebel sent a shiver. I'd manage to blank those traumas, now I don't have to touch them.

bloody eco repair / order ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2019, 09:17:06 »

They are until the thing running in them requires you turn all the security features off and install a specific version JRE.. (I'm looking at you, Siebel!) That's before we get to the things that require us to run Flash (I'm looking at you, ADP eTime!). Of course, the new "cross platform" versions are "coming soon" - and have been since 2012.. ;D ;D
I reckon for most of them, "cross platform" essentially means HTML5 based.  And browser support for that can best be described as not-quite-there.

But you mentioning Siebel sent a shiver. I'd manage to blank those traumas, now I don't have to touch them.

bloody eco repair / order ;D ;D ;D
I'm not in a position to confirm or deny :P
Grumpy old man

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2019, 09:28:11 »

;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.