Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.5DT Fuel Injector Update  (Read 1044 times)

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
Omega 2.5DT Fuel Injector Update
« on: 20 July 2014, 23:18:30 »

Hi Guys

This is just an update on the fuel injector problem I had with my Omega, hope it may be useful to anyone with the same problem.

Just to recap the injector with the needle lift sensor wires was leaking where the two halves of the injector body screw into each other, also I’d managed to break a couple of the metal leak off tubes on one of the others, I’d been using a Sealey  injector socket, the type with a cut out window in it, personally I don’t think the Sealey one is cored out enough on the inside as a result it comes very close onto the leak of tubes, anyway I bought a different make which seemed a whole lot better.

Right back to the broken leak off tubes, there is a company in Reading who can repair them ie. fit new tubes, the website is www.peter-strong-diesel-fuel-injection.co.uk

The leaking injector body (the needle lift sensor one) I decided to replace with a new one, the main agent price was £290 inc vat I was told there was one to be had in the UK and four in Germany, well according to Vauxhall stock listing.

I manage to locate someone selling new ones for £229.99 + del on e-bay.
Seller is p38-spares located in Wales, the Omega shares the same engine as the Range Rover P38  mine’s a 2000 reg. so I needed the injector with the brown plug on the end of the lead as apposed the white plug which is for the earlier model.

I continued searching and found a website called www.bestpartstore.co.uk selling new ones for £184.98, although it’s a UK website the company is based in Germany, it said ready to be dispatched within 24 hours.
I order one and paid for it using my credit card through PayPal, a few days went past and I had not received an e-mail notifying of despatch, on a review forum I found out some people had been having issues with this company, so I ask why I had not received the injector only to be told they were out of stock and they had to order from the manufacturer, I got the injector in the end which took 2 weeks although their website continued to say dispatched with 24 hours, so my advice to anyone ordering off this company make sure you pay by credit card and don’t do it via PayPal just in case things do go pear shaped.

The injector has stamped on it India 902 KCA 21S 91 150 bar 101 and came in a box with a label saying Bosch 0 432 217 279, I have been told that this number is a Bosch number recognised by injector suppliers with the UK.

I fitted the injector and didn’t even bother to vent any air out of the system, a few turns of the key and the car was running, just one thing when starting the car don’t just hang onto the key, if it doesn’t start, switch off and try again because when I checked how long the supply voltage is supplied to the glow plugs, I found it is only on for 15 seconds before cutting off again.     

Cheers

Clive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.