Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A Huge, Huge Thanks to Omegatoy and Sassanach  (Read 1574 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
A Huge, Huge Thanks to Omegatoy and Sassanach
« on: 07 September 2008, 22:26:43 »

Well Autobox thrust washer LOADS of fear project has been concluded successfully after much grunting and worry on my part. The car changes gear a lot more smoothly now than it has for a long time and no clunks.

I would like to thank two forum members without whose help I definitely wouldn't have been able to do the job.

Firstly SASSANACH for advice and help sourcing parts. Top man. The moral support whilst doing the car equivalent of brain surgery was invaluable. :y

Secondly to OMEGATOY for his time, knowledge and strength. For me it is a job I could not undertake without an added pair of hands. Top man. :y

Without Omega Owners forum and these two people in particular my car would have been at the scrapyard and I would have been driving a 25 year old c15 van by now.

A mobile (after 10 days ) again varche!

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: A Huge, Huge Thanks to Omegatoy and Sassanach
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2008, 22:28:21 »

Another big job OOF'ed in style :y :y :y :y

Well done Varche
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2008, 23:34:44 »

I am also in Sassanach's debt for the use of his facilities and his fantastic help with my gearbox issues. Really good guy :y

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2008, 08:26:44 »

This is truely one of the best forums around, for the way that people put them selves out to help others.

First class :y :y
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2008, 08:50:24 »

Varche, you have thanked me enough!!! it really was a pleasure to meet you and your good lady Sue,as to the gearbox  as most know a gearbox change is not a major undertaking ;D
 Unless you have never done one before!! ::) And Varche is one of those people,
 however he is totally capable mechanically and a very patient and thorough man, so to be honest i didnt really do as much as i expected to, So to sum up I consider myself the lucky one as i was able to  make a couple of new friends and get to play with the spanners as well,
Will be going to visit fairly soon with my wife as they only live an hour and twenty mins away :y
hOPE SUE is getting better
Omegatoy :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2008, 10:47:43 »

Good job varche :y

I too am indebted to the 2 people you mention, both of whom spent a lot of their time ressurecting my tractor. Truely top blokes :y
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2008, 20:30:33 »

I too am indebted to the 2 people you mention, both of whom spent a lot of their time ressurecting my tractor. Truely top blokes :y

Imbeginning to think i am strange???? cos i enjoyed working on yours too ;D maybe i have a fixation disorder? ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2008, 21:29:57 »

Imbeginning to think i am strange???? cos i enjoyed working on yours too ;D maybe i have a fixation disorder? ;D
Thats odd, coz everyone else has already noticed you're strange ;D

When you next over here?

Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2008, 21:51:09 »

When you next over here?

;D Landing around the first of october and am bringing  the Omega home for a visit!!! may sell it if i can find a newer and as good mechanicaly as mine is? however dont hold out much hope for that!!!
so all eyes open please!! must be manual estate 2.5  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2008, 21:54:03 »

When you next over here?

;D Landing around the first of october and am bringing  the Omega home for a visit!!! may sell it if i can find a newer and as good mechanicaly as mine is? however dont hold out much hope for that!!!
I guess a nice blue auto saloon isn't much good then ;D
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2008, 22:02:08 »

When you next over here?

In fact as i told you i do like your car very much ;D but as you know i hate autos so i take it its very cheap to me???? ;D cos i would have to put a manual box in  it :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 September 2008, 22:06:33 »

When you next over here?

In fact as i told you i do like your car very much ;D but as you know i hate autos so i take it its very cheap to me???? ;D cos i would have to put a manual box in  it :y
I'm tempted to throw a manual in it myself....   ....but then thought I may as well just sell it and get one with a manual already in it....
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 September 2008, 22:10:03 »

When you next over here?

I'm tempted to throw a manual in it myself....   ....but then thought I may as well just sell it and get one with a manual already in it....
now your talking sense!!!!! however would you be buying another load of trouble? would it not be better the devil you know? manual conversion is relatively pain free compared to sorting out another car?
just a thought!!! ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 September 2008, 22:13:12 »

When you next over here?

now your talking sense!!!!! however would you be buying another load of trouble? would it not be better the devil you know? manual conversion is relatively pain free compared to sorting out another car?
just a thought!!! ;D
If I'm honest, I have a soft spot for the tractor, and like it.  But I'm bored with it as nothing needs doing to it, so I fancy the challenge of another. Mrs TB says one has to go before I buy another, and that won't be the MV6...
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 September 2008, 22:23:29 »

When you next over here?

just a thought!!! ;D
If I'm honest, I have a soft spot for the tractor, and like it.  But I'm bored with it as nothing needs doing to it, so I fancy the challenge of another. Mrs TB says one has to go before I buy another, and that won't be the MV6...

How strange is that!!! thats exactly the reason im toying with the idea of changing mine!!! its so damned reliable and easy to service it gets boring!!! however i thank it for that and it was one of the reasons i bought it in the first place!! my fuel filter is due for renewal and oil and filter will be due when i get back to UK and it appears i have sorted the annoying noise on the front(no sign of it since i changed the wheel bearing) although could find nowt wrong with the old one!!!
so if nothing needs doing to yours then surely changing it to manual would ive you something to do on it??????? :y

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.