Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sat nav screen problems  (Read 1758 times)

paul36uk1

• midlands
    • View Profile
sat nav screen problems
« on: 06 May 2007, 20:40:02 »

hi all,new here,i have just bought a 2001 omega 2.6 mv6,it has a coupe of problems,1st off it has the ncdc 2015 and i cant get the cd mag out,it makes all the right operations,including loading and searching for discs but when i press eject the cartridge starts to come out but then stops, also the sat nav colour screen flashes on and off with virtical lines on it but when pressed it will stay on for a short while,have checked the connectors,they seem to be in ok,does anyone know if it can be repaired,if so by who?

many thanks paul

wakeyomega

• Intermediate Member
  • Wakefield
    • View Profile
Re: sat nav screen problems
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2007, 09:26:58 »

Re Sat Nav Screen.
I had exactly the same problem in my NCDC 2013. I'm afraid it was caused by a faulty LCD panel in the display assembly. The good news is that you can source a replacement (an equivelant, as the original does not appear to be obtainable from electronic spares companies.

The LCD in my NCDC 2013 was a Sharp LQ5AW126 and I found it impossible to source, but I discovered that an Sharp LQ5AW136 was an equivalent. I got hold of the data sheets for both and compared them and they appeared identical so I bought one in the Uk, fitted it, and it has worked absolutely fine for 3 years now.
The cheapest LQ5AW136 I came across in England was £145 before tax and delivery - Eurodis Electronics (+44) 8707 568199
I purchased mine at £165 from Hero Electronics (+44) 1525 405015 - the guy was very helpful and offered a full refund if it didn't do the job! so I paid up for the extra service. You do see them occasionaly on Ebay. You quoted NCDC 2015 which is a slightly different model number to mind, so it would be worth you taking out the assemble and checking the LCD type before you purchase a spare.

To fit it you just need to be confident in dissasembly / reassembly of the main dipslay unit. There is nothing difficult, just take your time. From memory there is only 1 (or 2) wires to unsolder and they are hefty ones so nothing difficult. I belive there is a 'how to' somewhere in the forum for removing the dashboard assembly, then take the dashboard to the kitchen table and remove the display assembly to dissemble and replace the LCD.

Good Luck Pat
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm

paul36uk1

• midlands
    • View Profile
Re: sat nav screen problems
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2007, 14:50:59 »

thanks very much pat,a few people have told me it sounds like a dry joint,but the trouble would be finding it,i will look into the info you have given,

you have been very helpful

once again thanks   paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.