Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me Again, Central Locking  (Read 1519 times)

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
  • 2.5 V6 Auto CDX - Big Bertha
    • View Profile
Me Again, Central Locking
« on: 17 May 2007, 09:37:36 »

Here we go then !!!!

We all sitting comfortably ???

Then I shall Begin !!!

I shall start from the begining, Just bought a Omega 2.0 CD, 1995, not the best one out there, but it was cheap, and have always wanted one. Not got alot of dosh, so am restoring it on the cheap as I can basis. When i first got it, it would not tick over, kept stalling, so i cleaned all the breather pipes and the throttle body, so that is all A OK now.
Next thing i have to do is the central locking, it doesnt work. I dont have Key fobs or buttons on keys, just a standard key. I tried fusues, no problem, went to locate the control unit under footwell (drivers Side) its not there, just wires with a plug on it, assuming its gone walkies. Now I have found out the part number from Vauxhall (905 110 61), but they want £145.00 for it, and a lot more to put it in, he says it will have to be registered with the ECU, then started going on about why it was taken out, there may be a immobiliser fault, or alarm fault, if i plug one in myself then it could start a whole host of problems. All i want is to turn the key and all four doors lock. There is a guy on ebay whom has one for £15.00.

What do you think????

Do you think maybe it would be easier to leave the control unit out, and get a seperate third party alarm central locking unit and install this???

I dont know what to do !!!!

Please help...

Mark.

PS. I just want to get my baby, running how she should be....
I Love my Omega, wanted it for so long, now it's in my grasp, it's not getting away!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Me Again, Central Locking
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2007, 10:55:10 »

Well it cant be coded to the ECU or the engien would not be running now would it......

Is this the early infra red type setup, with the black dome on the sunroof panel.....if yes then the immobiliser has clearly already been bypassed!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2007, 11:34:12 »

Its got to be an early one.  The immobiliser would be too difficult (impossible?) to bypass on RF keyed ones.
Grumpy old man

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 11:57:45 »

Hi, Yes it has the black dome near the sunroof, i am assuming that is for the remote key fobs???

So in light of this, could i just plop it in and plug it in you think?? or because its been bypassed will it not work still, or do I have a go and see what happens???

Its all a bit of a mess!!!!

Thanks, Mark.
I Love my Omega, wanted it for so long, now it's in my grasp, it's not getting away!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2007, 12:25:30 »

If its the correct type of contoller then it should just plug and go.....try getting the remote fobs for it to.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2007, 13:35:27 by Mark »

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2007, 13:09:01 »

I have ordered one from a guy breaking a car, its the same model number and he has the key fobs, 2 of em, i got it for the grand total of £20 inc post. So i will keep you all informed on how it goes when i get it.

Thanks for all your help, Mark.

So i am now onto the next problem... The boot lock, its stiff and not locking via key or obviously any means.

Mark.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2007, 13:35:59 »

Keep feeding it with penetrating fluid for a few weeks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.