Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd player probs and central locking??  (Read 1161 times)

penguin79

• Burton On Trent, Staffs
    • View Profile
cd player probs and central locking??
« on: 27 May 2007, 12:36:08 »

recently bought a 3.0 v6 elite on a 1996, wondering if it's possiblt to fit an aftermarket head unit (JVC unit), as it seems to work when you plug it in, but when ignition is switched off and then back on, it powers up but no sound. If you remove the speaker connector to the radio and then reconnect it makes a loud crack through the speakers and then works fine until the next time you switch off.

Would this have anything to do with the hands free kit? or does the aftermarket head unit wiring differ from gm standard?

It did have a cd changer fitted too but i don't think this works with the cd player as there is no function to select the changer, so if anyone wants a 6 cd changer with the mounting bracket let me know and i'll put it on ebay...

I'm also after the radio mounting chassis for the standard radio as it was just wedged in before and so wobbles about in the hole, it is a model cdr500 if this helps.

Well now thats out of the way, the only other fault i have is the previous owner had problems with the central locking, and so i have just 1 transponder key, whenever you lock the car, then unlock it the hazards flash until you switch on the ignition, this is okay, but is it possible to get a remote key, get it programmed and would this cure it. i have been looking on ebay and found this ....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110131726398&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Any ideas if this would work, or would i need to take it to main dealer.....

thanks in advance guys, and i must say, super forum and my god don'y you love the sound of the 3.0 v6, just purrs....

thanks again

paul :)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: cd player probs and central locking??
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2007, 13:45:33 »

The fob for the key looks OK to me, but would'nt be good for my car as it only has 2 buttons on it, and my current one has 3 buttons, not sure if that makes a difference. But yeah at that price looks fine. I think Vx charge around £100/120 for the new key including programming, think aroun or up to £50 just for programming last time I seen the price in my local Vx dealer.

Can't comment on the head unit, no doubt someone else will though. :y  

penguin79

• Burton On Trent, Staffs
    • View Profile
Re: cd player probs and central locking??
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2007, 21:06:53 »

thanks mike dundee, might get one of those. well good news and bad news on the stereo, the jvc unit works in my old 2.0 gls but not the 3.0 elite, strange, thought to myself i'll try another head unit and see if i get the same problems. Nope... swapped it for my dad's cheapo one from aldi, works perfectly, and vice versa he's now running with the jvc one, works perfectly for him, just thought i'd let you all know, Radio is a JVC KD322/311.

Just got central locking to sort out now.

paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.