Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: audio system  (Read 1246 times)

spurno

• torquay
    • View Profile
audio system
« on: 30 May 2007, 13:31:50 »

hi everyone,haven't been on for a while,working nights.has anyone encountered a problem with the radio jumping to a different station after turning the ignition off?.also radio changing to cd for no reason while driving along.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: audio system
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2007, 14:16:43 »

What radio do you have?

My CCR2006 has done this a few times. I'll start up and it'll play the radio station I previously had for a second and then tune itself to 87.5 where there's just noise.

Not noticed it playing CDs instead but, TBH, when I drag myself into the car in the morning I'm not in a state where I'm likely to remember what I was listening to the previous night!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

spurno

• torquay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2007, 14:36:11 »

thanks kevin.i have exactly the same radio and it moves to exactly the same as yours, 87.5  why?
as i said it also skips to cd.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2007, 15:43:47 »

i have exactly the same radio and it moves to exactly the same as yours, 87.5  why?

If 2 radios are doing exactly the same thing I would put it down to a bug in the radio rather than a fault that has developed. Maybe the memory gets corrupted sometimes when it shuts down so it does back to the default frequency. 87.5 is right at the bottom of the FM band so maybe that's plausible. Thing is, the other memories, radio programs, etc. are still retained. It's an odd one.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cdx25

• Plymouth, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2007, 16:01:25 »

i have exactly the same radio and it moves to exactly the same as yours, 87.5  why?

If 2 radios are doing exactly the same thing I would put it down to a bug in the radio rather than a fault that has developed. Maybe the memory gets corrupted sometimes when it shuts down so it does back to the default frequency. 87.5 is right at the bottom of the FM band so maybe that's plausible. Thing is, the other memories, radio programs, etc. are still retained. It's an odd one.

Kevin

Make that 3 - mine has done this a couple of times. Not enough to be annoying (and less so now that it is being driven more).  I wondered if it was the steering wheel sensor track not being perfectly clean but I havent been able to nail it down to this.  Havent really done much investigating as its not done it lately...  

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.