Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke from Forte?  (Read 1187 times)

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
Smoke from Forte?
« on: 10 October 2006, 20:18:55 »

I am getting white smoke out of the exhaust.  I hope that it is because I put a can of Forte fuel treatment and 30L in this morning.  I have also been making a point of booting it hard a few times today to get a good spray of the stuff through the intake.  However, I heard the engine pink today for the first time (just once, and not when really on it) and when I was reversing tonight I noticed a white cloud.  I left the engine running and went back to check it out.  It doesn't smell of oil or coolant, but when I waved my hand through it I got grit?!?  Engine otherwise seems normal.  149K of carbon deposits possibly . . .  :-/
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Smoke from Forte?
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2006, 21:47:22 »

possibly, how does it feel to drive....?

smoke should eventually lessen quite quickly.....not that it should be that bad in the first place
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2006, 11:18:46 »

Its cold at the moment so the condensation in the exhaust is showing up at the moment....remember the Omega has  BIG exhaust which takes a while to heat up and the V6 is a pretty efficient engine so turns a lot of the fuel/air into water....

Plus it sounds like the Forte is shifting some gunk!

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2006, 13:34:29 »

Its cold at the moment so the condensation in the exhaust is showing up at the moment....remember the Omega has  BIG exhaust which takes a while to heat up and the V6 is a pretty efficient engine so turns a lot of the fuel/air into water....

Plus it sounds like the Forte is shifting some gunk!
Cheers Mark, I'll keep an eye on it.  I thought it was warm but might not have been.  Car was already running well after cam cover gaskets and new plugs.  However, when had intake out was coated with heavy layer of varnish.  Carb cleaner barely made a dent.  Therefore, figured Forte would be good for the whole system.  Big road trip to Notts tomorrow so maybe blow the rest of the junk out.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2006, 13:38:49 »

Forte will only clean the back of the valves inwards.....(plus the injectors etc)...its carried in the fuel......paint stripper is good for shifting think gunge.

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2006, 13:46:16 »

Forte will only clean the back of the valves inwards.....(plus the injectors etc)...its carried in the fuel......paint stripper is good for shifting think gunge.
Yeah, I got the thick stuff off, but seriously discolored.  Figured if it was bad there, Forte would be good for where I couldn't safely reach and the fuel system itself.  Of course, after this I may need a new fuel filter  >:(  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.