Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How dare you eat meat !!!  (Read 12510 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: How dare you eat meat !!!
« Reply #15 on: 26 September 2015, 14:19:06 »

I like 'the idea' of a really juicy and succulent steak.

I've virtually given up on the perfect steak because I'm lucky if I eat one in ten that is truly'melt in the mouth' tender.  :-\

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 September 2015, 15:03:05 »

Yep I stand corrected Omnivores not carnivores.Sentiment remains the same though :y

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 September 2015, 16:24:06 »

Yep I stand corrected Omnivores not carnivores.Sentiment remains the same though :y

Panda's are carnivores really but eat only bamboo so that's why they are dying out lets hope all the vegans go the same way  ;D

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 September 2015, 19:16:50 »

Panda's are carnivores really but eat only bamboo so that's why they are dying out lets hope all the vegans go the same way  ;D
[/quote]

Why would you want all vegans to die out to? Do you know any? Do you have any awareness or understanding of veganism?

This thread promotes meat eating, and attacks vegetarians and vegans for their alleged holier than though, preaching, and judgemental attitudes and behaviour towards meat eaters, yet it seems that same attitude is the norm here, against vegetarians and vegans. That's quite contradictory and very hypocritical I'd say. It appears that many on OOF are threatened by diversity, which is an observation made on threads and posts over a long period of time, not just this one.

It seems stereotypes and clichès are used to create an archetypal image of vegetarians and vegans, and people take their limited experience of them and extrapolate it and label all vegetarians and vegans the same. This is the height of ignorance, stupidity and prejudiced behaviour; when other groups of people are summarised in this way, it's known as racism, sexism etc.

There are many reasons why people might choose to follow a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, sustainability, health reasons, ethical reasons, cost, religious reasons, care for the world and environment are just a few.

None of the vegetarians or vegans I know preach their ideas, and certainly don't display the level of intolerance shown on this thread. Perhaps people here are threatened by diversity?

For the record, I became vegetarian about 6 years ago, and vegan about 3 years ago. But my world view makes no difference to my points, which are objective, not opinion.

Contrary to the general theme here, I as a vegan, am preached to and judged the most by non vegetarians and non vegans. One idea I have about that is that many people as we know, engage in 'group think' (look it up if you don't know the finer points), where people with undeveloped personalities follow the consensus and are threatened by different ideas, and then attack them (probably due to their insecurity). This and the fact that many people, again, with undeveloped personalities, are driven by self interest and instinct, as oppose to higher purposes, the bigger picture, and the greater good.

Some might see this post as threatening, retaliatory, insulting etc. which would reflect more on them than me. It is not intended as such. The intelligent will realise this.

Ranting replies containing insults and unreasoned ideas not welcome, I'd rather have a reasoned informed debate than a slanging match.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 September 2015, 19:23:34 »

Mmmmmm, Steak!  8)
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 September 2015, 21:01:58 »

Last time my vegetable sister ate meat, she got up the duff :P
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 26 September 2015, 21:04:02 »

Your sister is a vegetable   ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 September 2015, 21:04:50 »

Aren't all vegetarians?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 26 September 2015, 21:09:24 »

Aren't all vegetarians?
Ermmmmm,....I guess so..... ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2015, 22:39:28 »

I'm not knocking vegetarians or vegans in anyway at all.If that is what they choose to eat then fine but for someone to suggest meat eaters[which humans have been since basically the dawn of the species]should be treated in a like manner to smokers[and I'm one of those too]and there should be a campaign launched to stop them is just too utterly absurd for words in my opinion.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2015, 23:04:12 »

Well, it was my burfday last week, so I've just gone out and eaten so much dead pig that I can barely move.  :D

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 September 2015, 23:36:58 »

Vegans WTF look like they could do with a big fat juicey half pounder. The only thing that survives on seed is Budgies.
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2015, 16:30:55 »

I like 'the idea' of a really juicy and succulent steak.

I've virtually given up on the perfect steak because I'm lucky if I eat one in ten that is truly'melt in the mouth' tender.  :-\

As an MP she needs to get out a bit more. As a card carrying member Lord opti should suggest they go to one of these highly recommended restaurants to discuss the finer points of being a carnivore and at the same time he can have a juicy succulent steak to savour and remember. :y ;D ;D ;D

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/londons-best-restaurants-for-steak
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 September 2015, 17:35:13 »

"Rods 2", I always have difficulty with steaks because I'm an awkward Bugger - I like mine well done - NO pink - but still moist and succulent, not dried out and like tough cardboard.
There are very few chefs that can comply with my wants; do you know of any, as you seem to be a connoisseur?

Ron.

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 September 2015, 18:06:18 »

Vegans WTF look like they could do with a big fat juicey half pounder. The only thing that survives on seed is Budgies.

Hmmmm, that's exactly the kind of idiotic, ignorant and inane response I was talking about. I wouldn't really expect much more though. Omegas are old cars now, with little value, and as such are now in the reach of the lower socio-economic groups in society, which is obvious from some of the drivel posted on this forum!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.