Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a surprise-catching a killer  (Read 3101 times)

STEMO

Re: What a surprise-catching a killer
« Reply #15 on: 16 May 2018, 11:07:58 »

In which case they are no longer travellers. People with Traveller heritage and culture yes, but not travellers.
I must be a traveller, I live away from where I was born. And as for you......well..... ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 16 May 2018, 12:16:51 »

In which case they are no longer travellers. People with Traveller heritage and culture yes, but not travellers.

Generically "pikeys", no?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 May 2018, 13:07:28 »

Generically "pikeys", no?

They are Travellers or Gypsies. Walk into a Juke joint in the US and call the people in there by the N-word or the same in a pub with Travellers using the P-word expect to be on a fighting retreat as they are both massive insults to each ethnic group respectively. Boxing is a traditional career path for travellers with many champions including Tyson Fury and somebody from a local family who I know is Les Stevens.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/16073

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 May 2018, 13:48:06 »

Travellers, to me aren't really an ethnic group. they are, in the main, a bunch of chancers who take all they can get their hands on, contribute nothing in return, and have latched onto the ethnic minority scam in recent years because its easy to use that to live how you want, get money for nothing and exemption from the norms and rules that apply to the rest of us.
I could accept it if they were proper old fashioned Gypsies who I used to see in Ireland, who lived outside society, but took nothing from it.
They just wanted to roam the country in their lovely old decorated caravans, and mind their own business.
They were also to be seen in various other countries too, but have all but died out in all of those places afaik.
They have been replaced by the new style Travellers, who often don't do much travelling , have pots of money (ill gotten gains) and are a blight on communities whenever they do travel.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2018, 15:20:27 »

I could add more, Albs, but your observation is close enough.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2018, 18:40:16 »

Travellers, to me aren't really an ethnic group. they are, in the main, a bunch of chancers who take all they can get their hands on, contribute nothing in return, and have latched onto the ethnic minority scam in recent years because its easy to use that to live how you want, get money for nothing and exemption from the norms and rules that apply to the rest of us.
I could accept it if they were proper old fashioned Gypsies who I used to see in Ireland, who lived outside society, but took nothing from it.
They just wanted to roam the country in their lovely old decorated caravans, and mind their own business.
They were also to be seen in various other countries too, but have all but died out in all of those places afaik.
They have been replaced by the new style Travellers, who often don't do much travelling , have pots of money (ill gotten gains) and are a blight on communities whenever they do travel.

Absolutely spot on .
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.