Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3035856 times)

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1575 on: 19 January 2012, 14:48:27 »

Yes mate. Not sluggish in first gear anymore and throttle response is sharper. more pick up across the rev range. Overall im impressed.  :y

Nice work fella!  :y

Cheers mate. I did the kickdown a few times and you can really feel the difference from 4500rpm. Main difference is in Normal Drive mode, the spongy throttle responce is now much chrisper and more instant.

This is interesting. Have you noticed any change in fuel comsumption, not owing to increased use of the loud pedal though? ;D
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1576 on: 19 January 2012, 14:50:44 »

Im not a fast driver but i have been averaging bang on 30mpg as i do mainly longer journeys. Im expecting it to be a little better when driven carefully. I will give an update after a few days of driving :y

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 19 January 2012, 14:51:50 »

Im not a fast driver but i have been averaging bang on 30mpg as i do mainly longer journeys. Im expecting it to be a little better when driven carefully. I will give an update after a few days of driving :y

Bonus, thanks.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #1578 on: 19 January 2012, 17:09:18 »

Just come back from having new cat fitted. Have driven for a while with it blowing and was getting worse.

It was the flexi joint. £235  :( if anyone intersted. Maybe could have got cheaper but took the old one with me to weigh in  :y
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 19 January 2012, 17:36:23 »

Just come back from having new cat fitted. Have driven for a while with it blowing and was getting worse.

It was the flexi joint. £235  :( if anyone intersted. Maybe could have got cheaper but took the old one with me to weigh in  :y

Might be worthwhile to hold on to your old cat for a while to prove your new one. Pattern cats don't have a very good reputation. You know that you can buy the flexi bit on its own & get it welded ............  ::) ::) ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 19 January 2012, 17:39:33 »

I fitted new rear shockers yesterday in between showers! Another £180 off the money tree ...........  :'( :'(

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 19 January 2012, 17:42:49 »

If you had just a new flexi welded in, it would have been a lot cheaper whilst still retaining genuine cat
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

omega3000

« Reply #1582 on: 19 January 2012, 19:34:50 »

I fitted new rear shockers yesterday in between showers! Another £180 off the money tree ...........  :'( :'(
I would like the plot number for the money trees ........

£180
:o :o :o...ill have your old ones they will do on mine for another few years  ;D ;D   :y

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 19 January 2012, 20:17:51 »

Finished off fitting gloss door inserts that I got off Elite Pete some time ago. Took the opportunity of inspecting and Waxoyling the door cavity's at the same time . Surprisingly no sign of any rust in or on the internal seams , well coated now though.
One thing I did notice is that the door seals on the sills do not like Waxoyl , it has seeped out of drain holes and distorted them where they abutt against the door .
Now just to replace the cheap reversing sensors currently fitted with the Bosch Park pilot system I got from Twiglet.

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #1584 on: 19 January 2012, 20:42:03 »

Might be worthwhile to hold on to your old cat for a while to prove your new one. Pattern cats don't have a very good reputation. You know that you can buy the flexi bit on its own & get it welded ............  ::) ::) ::)

Thanks Andy ... Now you tell me  :'( :'( Will hold on to it then. Do you know where to get welded if needed ?
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 19 January 2012, 20:42:35 »

Pumped up the tyre on the Rover. Again. *Sigh*.
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: 19 January 2012, 20:59:27 »

Thanks Andy ... Now you tell me  :'( :'( Will hold on to it then. Do you know where to get welded if needed ?

Get one of these then take your old cat to friendly http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m15b0s1411p5644
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

albitz

« Reply #1587 on: 19 January 2012, 21:15:20 »

Serviced a french airfix kit Citreon C3 diesel, lost my 5MM allen socket down the back of the engine.No chance of retrieving it. ::) Got to be the worst built car Ive ever seen.Lots of plastic held together by bits of plastic. you lean on sommething and the whole rather car bends. ;D
Owner claims it does 75mpg,and thinks its the greatest car ever made. ::)
Back to project estate tomorrow hopefully (if peg doesnt play me up too much),and I really must look at my to do list for my own car, in case some of those not too urgent jobs have now become urgent. It has been a bit neglected of late.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 19 January 2012, 21:35:53 »

You didn't ask  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Not sure where you'd get it welded, a body shop maybe using MIG. I'd take them down to the tin bashers & ask nicely!  ::) ::) ::)

Corrado1441

• N.Ireland
    • Vauxhall Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 21 January 2012, 20:21:02 »

Fitted facelift mirrors to my pre-facelift, replaced broken rear bumper bracket, stripped boot to find water leak, found it  :) now to fix it  :-\
Fitted new pollen filter and unstuck recirculating flap, car doesn't mist up now  ;D
Removed climate control, fitted new bulbs checked sampling fan and reassembled, climate now works perfectly.

A long list of small niggles to fix but we will get there eventually  ???

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.