Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 69006 times)

STEMO

Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #585 on: 10 December 2018, 18:11:46 »

She has found a way to stop asking the electorate until they get it right. Keep asking parliament until they get it right.  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 10 December 2018, 18:19:06 »

If she gets rid of the backstop completely, MPs think enough will vote for it to pass. If she doesn't it won't. But May regardless is on borrowed time as she is being ridiculed & called incompetent by everybody including her MPs and Tory party members & many commentators are also saying she is probably the worst PM ever. She has used up beyond credibility with all her threats to MPs, her postcard to the public which Tory party members have refused to deliver and her waste-of-time cabinet roadshow, saying all along that she won't cancel the vote only to do so at the very last minute.

MPs will then let her own it until post 29th March 2019 and then get rid of her. She has done far to much damage to the Conservative party and where the cabinet & MPs think they have then got off scott free once they get a new leader, they haven't as the Tories have totally lost their tag of competent government & many will not vote for them again even if it means a Corbyn government.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 10 December 2018, 18:20:51 »

The majority voted to leave and leave we must.
We've found something we both agree on about the whole shitopps.

Now, with 3.5 months to run, we have to decide how.  And that's going to be contentious.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #588 on: 10 December 2018, 18:22:52 »

I've gone from engaged to enraged and now to apathetic. In or out is going to end up looking pretty much the same.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 10 December 2018, 18:23:38 »

Now I personally don't believe anyone could have negotiated a significantly better deal, and everyone knows the reasons why.

But by delaying the vote, she is now toast.  She should have gone through with it, and that would have added some credence to her going back with the begging cap.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 10 December 2018, 18:25:27 »

We are the laughing stock of Europe.

Anyone ever worked for a manager unable to implement necessary change?

I wonder what the EU are going to discuss on Thursday?  Halving the UK contributions when we rejoin plus a gift of £100 to every uk man, woman and child.10% discount on German cars and white goods. Maybe not maybe they will fast track the future trade agreement offer to negate even having the backstop clause?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #591 on: 10 December 2018, 18:27:18 »

I wonder what the EU are going to discuss on Thursday?  Halving the UK contributions when we rejoin plus a gift of £100 to every uk man, woman and child.10% discount on German cars and white goods. Maybe not maybe they will fast track the future trade agreement offer to negate even having the backstop clause?
£100 you say? Will we get it before Christmas?

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 10 December 2018, 18:33:29 »

They can pay it along with my Winter Fuel Allowance. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #593 on: 10 December 2018, 18:39:15 »

They can pay it along with my Winter Fuel Allowance. ;D
I've had my WFA, and me £10 Christmas bonus.  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 10 December 2018, 18:59:30 »

Hmm I have just fetched another wheelbarrow of logs . No winter fuel allowance here for me. IDS said it was too hot. Is the £10 in uk bearer bonds? The exchange rate has gone down again thanks to May. Soon £10 will be a euro. Ronny, have you got a spare room in your Centrally heated palace?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 10 December 2018, 19:06:06 »

Hmm I have just fetched another wheelbarrow of logs . No winter fuel allowance here for me. IDS said it was too hot. Is the £10 in uk bearer bonds? The exchange rate has gone down again thanks to May. Soon £10 will be a euro. Ronny, have you got a spare room in your Centrally heated palace?
Yeah, two actually. In my so called 4 bed Noddy box. 8)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #596 on: 10 December 2018, 19:21:09 »

SWMBO got her WFA a couple of weeks ago & had a small tax rebate so we will be able to afford hard boiled eggs with a piece of Holly on top, it's not easy being semi retired have to watch every penny.🎄🎄🎄🎄

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 10 December 2018, 19:33:59 »

The pound started it's fall today, so I quickly went to Sainsbury's to fill up at £1.214 per litre; cheapest it's been for months and months, which obviously will not last now! :o :o :'(

STEMO

« Reply #598 on: 10 December 2018, 19:34:08 »

SWMBO got her WFA a couple of weeks ago & had a small tax rebate so we will be able to afford hard boiled eggs with a piece of Holly on top, it's not easy being semi retired have to watch every penny.🎄🎄🎄🎄
Holly!!!? Fickin luxury........ ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 10 December 2018, 19:39:59 »

The pound started it's fall today, so I quickly went to Sainsbury's to fill up at £1.214 per litre; cheapest it's been for months and months, which obviously will not last now! :o :o :'(

Yes as I said earlier, you have May to thank for that. I filled up with super derv at 1.23 euro today. Cooking derv was 1.17. Fuel is going to go up anyway due to agreed lower production. Tilbo will have to walk everywhere!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.