Author Topic: ds 4  (Read 1122 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
ds 4
« on: 09 March 2020, 20:46:20 »

when i chose to get rid of my dti last july i did so because i spotted my present car , low mileage no road tax & a lot more m.p.g,s also the price was right. regards my dti because i did it myself, an oil change with new filter + sump plug probably cost me about £20. when changing air filter & an occasional pollen filter add another & £20 . tomorrow i am having a service done on my ds4 by the dealer so,s the stamp goes towards upkeep of the warranty at the cost of £309. . plus they want the car from 10am - 5pm. ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: ds 4
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2020, 22:35:44 »

You must look to have deeper pockets than me  ....  :D Main dealer service for SWMBO's C3 (1600 petrol) was £195 last Nov  ;)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2020, 21:04:37 »

You must look to have deeper pockets than me  ....  :D Main dealer service for SWMBO's C3 (1600 petrol) was £195 last Nov  ;)
turned up as arranged for 10am . had trouble parking when i did had to move my car so a van could be backed off a grass verge. when i did sit down to book my car in the guy that was dealing with me mentioned that a coutesy car wasn,t available for me so i asked him what he expected me to do for 7hrs. he wasn,t bothered. i explained that i live 25mls away & also the nearest public transport took me 5mls from where i live & explained that was the reason i booked a car. still not bothered so i asked to speak to somebody in charge. guess what that person was at a staff training conference whilst thursday. anyway i didn,t leave my car . waiting till thursday , will give that service manager some stick.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2020, 21:57:02 »

turned up as arranged for 10am . had trouble parking when i did had to move my car so a van could be backed off a grass verge. when i did sit down to book my car in the guy that was dealing with me mentioned that a coutesy car wasn,t available for me so i asked him what he expected me to do for 7hrs. he wasn,t bothered. i explained that i live 25mls away & also the nearest public transport took me 5mls from where i live & explained that was the reason i booked a car. still not bothered so i asked to speak to somebody in charge. guess what that person was at a staff training conference whilst thursday. anyway i didn,t leave my car . waiting till thursday , will give that service manager some stick.

I think you'd have to specifically ask for a courtesy car what ever flavour of dealer your car is booked in at ... they're generally thin on the ground.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2020, 22:33:51 »

I think you'd have to specifically ask for a courtesy car what ever flavour of dealer your car is booked in at ... they're generally thin on the ground.
I reckon he did.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2020, 23:57:43 »

I reckon he did.
so do I .... when you pointed it out  ::) ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2020, 10:05:57 »

Find a different dealer, and explain to both dealer service managers why you feel the need to go elsewhere and what your expectations are.

The first one will be most apologetic, and the second one will make more of an effort, especially if they now you're travelling to get to them.

Certainly, this was my experience with SEAT. The second dealer wasn't perfect, (neither was the car) but they went out of their way to provide solutions. First dealer just kept trying to upsell rather than addressing concerns.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.