Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody know about FreePBX  (Read 2994 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know about FreePBX
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2020, 09:17:37 »

I've never used a Cisco device as a DHCP server, so you're on your own setting up the tftp stuff ;D

Glad its working :y
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2020, 13:04:44 »

Well it's my home network and it seems sensless having a L3 switch doing very little so doing the routing (obviously) and DHCP on it and leaving the baby ASA5505 to just be a firewall so it doesn't get too tired  ;D Ultimately it's just a live lab environment really!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2020, 10:06:32 »

Well it's my home network and it seems sensless having a L3 switch doing very little so doing the routing (obviously) and DHCP on it and leaving the baby ASA5505 to just be a firewall so it doesn't get too tired  ;D Ultimately it's just a live lab environment really!
:y

Every time I simplify my home network, it soon ends up in a mess again ;D.  I have the broadband router doing some of the vlan routing and all the NAT where required, a L3 switch doing some more of the routing (between some 10Gb segments), and some Linux hosts doing the more complex routing.

I have 2 24port gig-E switches, one 26port gig-E, one 10Gb, and some smaller ones dotted in various places like behind the telly (who'd thought 19yrs ago that 2 ethernet for the telly wouldn't be enough :o).  And always struggling for spare ports :(
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2020, 22:22:13 »

As I dislike WiFi for all but basic laptop in the lounge use, I too have everything wired and wired docking stations for my work and own laptops in the man cave.

I would have thought a switch built into smart Tv's would be standard by now so you could patch the various TV boxes everyone has in.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2020, 09:00:25 »

I would have thought a switch built into smart Tv's would be standard by now so you could patch the various TV boxes everyone has in.
I reckon they will go the other way, and remove the ethernet port, and rely on the junk that is Wifi.  With all the security implications that brings.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2020, 13:55:14 »

I reckon they will go the other way, and remove the ethernet port, and rely on the junk that is Wifi.  With all the security implications that brings.
Yep, I reckon the ethernet magnetics are a cost they'd love to eliminate, sadly.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.