Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anthoine Hubert Death  (Read 2775 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Anthoine Hubert Death
« on: 01 September 2019, 11:24:37 »

Away from the "Dead Person" thread, and repeating what I posted there : 

(Warning this may be very distressing to some)

For those who may not be too distressed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KP-JI7oUsQ

I just didn't think modern race cars at that level could disintegrate like that, and shouldn't the driver be in a completely protective cage? :o :o :o :o

ADMINS:  Please remove if you consider this unsuitable for discussion so soon after this young mans death :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Anthoine Hubert Death
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2019, 11:40:10 »

I just didn't think modern race cars at that level could disintegrate like that, and shouldn't the driver be in a completely protective cage? :o :o :o :o

The car's structure is the cage. That wasn't just one impact; it hit the barrier first, which is the sort of damage the car is designed to absorb 'safely', but then it was hit in the side by another fast moving car. That's what did the real damage, and can't really be designed around.

Motor racing is far safer than it used to be, but will always be dangerous.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2019, 11:51:25 »

With that much energy in an impact the human body has no chance whatever happens to the car's structure.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2019, 12:23:05 »

Lizzie, I've answered in your other thread ... :(

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2019, 22:46:59 »

What a ghoulish thread.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2019, 14:55:38 »

What a ghoulish thread.

Yep, I entirely agree and I posted it, albeit with a clear warning. :(

But with studying history, and watching far worse than that often involving the innocent, I know we have to to try and understand how things happen in some form of depth, apart from the obvious; racing car crashes at speed, falls apart, the driver killed. Why? and how? are always the next questions ;)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2019, 15:06:43 »

I'd wager that you had never heard of him before Saturday.
Let's just hope that you or yours don't perish in an RTA and some Facebook junkie films it in all it's gory detail whilst passing and then asks the same questions under the footage posted on various social media sites , eh ?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2019, 15:40:06 »

Let's just hope that you or yours don't perish in an RTA and some Facebook junkie films it in all it's gory detail whilst passing and then asks the same questions under the footage posted on various social media sites , eh ?

This was nothing like that.  It was a professional racing driver who dies in front of the World's media, like so many before.

It is because of film recording some appalling sights and actions in history, that can make you cry a lot, we can begin to understand what happened, when, and what can be done, if at all possible, to stop it happening again. Life cannot be lived in a bubble, and we cannot be wrapped in cotton wool, and these things unfortunately happen as I have personally witnessed :'( :'(

You do not have to watch if you do not want to, but obviously you did! It is strange how you seem to know about "Facebook junkie films"!  I do not!::) ::)
« Last Edit: 02 September 2019, 15:42:05 by Lizzie Zoom »

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2019, 18:01:46 »

This was nothing like that.  It was a professional racing driver who dies in front of the World's media, like so many before.

It is because of film recording some appalling sights and actions in history, that can make you cry a lot, we can begin to understand what happened, when, and what can be done, if at all possible, to stop it happening again. Life cannot be lived in a bubble, and we cannot be wrapped in cotton wool, and these things unfortunately happen as I have personally witnessed :'( :'(

You do not have to watch if you do not want to, but obviously you did! It is strange how you seem to know about "Facebook junkie films"!  I do not!::) ::)

Ahhh silly me , I didn't realise that  in your list of " professional " appointments you were also attached to the FIA relating to accident investigations .
Oh and regards the " Facebook junkie films " ... maybe apply a little more attention to the grammar of the sentence . ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 September 2019, 18:26:08 »

Ahhh silly me , I didn't realise that  in your list of " professional " appointments you were also attached to the FIA relating to accident investigations .
Oh and regards the " Facebook junkie films " ... maybe apply a little more attention to the grammar of the sentence . ;D

What the hell are you on about! ::) :

So you have no human interest in what happens in this world, and anyone who shows any interest is trying to fulfil a "professional" role that they are not qualified for?!

Go back to your narrow world as we take in the real world around us! ::) ::) :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 September 2019, 19:20:03 »

Back in your box. Now.  :-*
Onanists always think outside the box.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2019, 20:08:07 »

So you have no human interest in what happens in this world, and anyone who shows any interest is trying to fulfil a "professional" role that they are not qualified for?!

What can YOU ,yes YOU ,possibly achieve relating to the investigation relating to this poor mans untimely death, no methinks your interest borders on morbid curiosity or possibly just another attempt to massage your narcissistic ego.
Your very fragile Luv..

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2019, 21:18:24 »

What can YOU ,yes YOU ,possibly achieve relating to the investigation relating to this poor mans untimely death, no methinks your interest borders on morbid curiosity or possibly just another attempt to massage your narcissistic ego.
Your very fragile Luv..

My God!  You are not one of the millions who watch very disturbing events on TV due to natural human interest and great concern? You are special!  ::) ::)

So the watching of newsreels about the World Wars, especially those many covering Nazis atrocities, great battles, or the pre-war Hiddenburgh disaster, the Donald Campbell Bluebird disaster, or all those of 9/11 (did you switch off the tv when that was happening and never watched any of it since?), the Hildenborough, the Challenger disaster, etc, etc, was, and is, out of the question for you?

How do you then know what has historically, actually happened or do you just believe everything described in the written media? But then does that not interest you to the extent that you will believe just the sanitised written descriptions, including those that deny it ever happened, like the worst example, David Irving trying to prove the Nazis never murdered Jews in any quantity!

You see we as caring humans need to know, and for most of us it is not down to morbid caurosity or "just another attempt to massage your narcissistic ego" (you insulting person!! >:() but the desire to seek out the truth, eventually, during our lifetime.

I am about to watch "The Rise of The Nazis", a three part series that will no doubt once more cover the origins of my ancestral Jewish family  murder, and what caused the loss of my Grandfather and Grandmother,  that badly affected my father for the rest of his life thanks to fxcking Hitler!

It will be disturbing, but I need to study all the facts as historians now see them with all the latest evidence. That is what I do. That is my interest and need, not down to any "morbid curiosity". I also need to try and establish, if I ever can, that this will never happen again. It probably will, and in China currently parts of that awful German history is being repeated. So that is why many humans will continue to study these things. :'( :'(

Perhaps you are a person who cannot cope with horrible, vile, and very disturbing aspects of our human lives, expecting everyone else to avoid, not to view or talk, of such matters. In that case carryon, that is your right, but do not insult others who have a genuine interest, for academic, mechanical, military, biological or other human studies,  away from the Facebook garbage.  >:(

« Last Edit: 02 September 2019, 21:23:04 by Lizzie Zoom »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 September 2019, 21:24:43 »

Blimey Lizzie, I bet you've worn off all the letters off your keyboard tonight  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 September 2019, 21:35:17 »

Blimey Lizzie, I bet you've worn off all the letters off your keyboard tonight  ;D

Yes Dave, they are all red hot! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

I seem to have again put myself in the debating chair!  I wonder if Boris could use me?; he may well do over the next few days! ;D ;D :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.