Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: When we finally leave the EU in March 2019.  (Read 4903 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
When we finally leave the EU in March 2019.
« on: 19 March 2018, 19:54:57 »

Well we certainly gave those untrustworthy continentals a bloody nose. They'll know better than  to mess with us again. :)

So when we LEAVE......First there is the little matter of forty thousand million pounds that we have to pay. How many Boris buses is that? ::)

And we will need to continue to pay EU contributions if we want access to the single market. As far dark foreign johnnies 'creeping in' no change there. All welcome under EU law.

And after we LEAVE we will still have to follow all EU laws but have no say in making them. The ECJ will still decide for us.

Last but not least they'll be stealing all our fish. I'm sure British fishermen will be happy. :D

I can't help thinking that Brexit will be so 'watered-down' as to be almost meaningless.

Roll on 2021.......unless the transition period is extended for another 2 years. ::)

STEMO

Re: When we finally leave the EU in March 2019.
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2018, 19:59:24 »

After we leave the EU, I will take my dog for a walk, eat my dinner, have an afternoon nap and, after tea, watch some crap telly. Doubt I'll even notice, as you won't.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2018, 20:02:04 »

After we leave the EU, I will take my dog for a walk, eat my dinner, have an afternoon nap and, after tea, watch some crap telly. Doubt I'll even notice, as you won't.

Well, I will certainly eat my dinner. :y

However, I don't have a dog, I'm not old enough for an afternoon nap, and I won't watch crap like Emmerdale farm and Corrie.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2018, 20:23:31 »

However, I don't have a dog, I'm not old enough for an afternoon nap, and I won't watch crap like Emmerdale farm and Corrie.

So maybe you'll not take your dog for a walk, eat your lunch, have an afternoon bonk, and after dinner, watch some BBC2, or take in an Opera  ?

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2018, 20:27:29 »

So maybe you'll not take your dog for a walk, eat your lunch, have an afternoon bonk, and after dinner, watch some BBC2, or take in an Opera  ?

I have breakfast  dinner & tea  ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2018, 20:32:49 »

I have breakfast  dinner & tea  ;)

Beanz 3 times a day I presume. :D ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2018, 20:38:32 »

Well we certainly gave those untrustworthy continentals a bloody nose. They'll know better than  to mess with us again. :)

So when we LEAVE......First there is the little matter of forty thousand million pounds that we have to pay. How many Boris buses is that? ::)

And we will need to continue to pay EU contributions if we want access to the single market. As far dark foreign johnnies 'creeping in' no change there. All welcome under EU law.

And after we LEAVE we will still have to follow all EU laws but have no say in making them. The ECJ will still decide for us.

Last but not least they'll be stealing all our fish. I'm sure British fishermen will be happy. :D

I can't help thinking that Brexit will be so 'watered-down' as to be almost meaningless.

Roll on 2021.......unless the transition period is extended for another 2 years. ::)

Yes, its all panning out rather... predictably isn't it.

Hopefully Jolyon Maugham can get his way and I'll be able to sign up to retain my little red book.  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2018, 22:41:44 »

I had to smile when Ross MP for Moray said regarding the fishing deal.....

There is no spinning this as a good outcome, it would be easier to get someone to drink a pint of sick than try to sell this as a success.

Has there ever been a club so hard to leave.

I am impressed that anyone has come up woth an agreed figure. 40 sounds suspiciously like a round number plucked out of thin air. What happened to no one could or would ever be able to calculate Britains exit cost?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2018, 22:51:23 »

Well originally they wanted £100 billion so I think DD and his team deserve some credit for whittling down to £40 billion.  ;)

I agree that it's not much of a transition when the only thing that benefits the UK is that we regain partial control of our trade policy.  :-\ 

The EU on the other hand get to wave adieu to Nigel Farage!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2018, 23:18:44 »

The EU on the other hand get to wave adieu to Nigel Farage!  ;D

Yes. If only we could have struck some kind of Mutually Assured Destruction agreement in relation to the Scrofulous Man-Toad, the whole exercise might just have been worthwhile.  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 March 2018, 00:14:01 »

Churchill, Thatcher, Farage - the three national heroes who saved Britain from tyranny within the last century.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 March 2018, 10:14:22 »

Churchill, Thatcher, Farage - the three national heroes who saved Britain from tyranny within the last century.  :)

Much like New York, Paris, Peckham. :)

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2018, 10:29:05 »

Much like New York, Paris, Peckham. :)
Very good.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2018, 11:44:25 »

Shouty Farage has called our great leader 'Theresa the appeaser'

Not very nice, is it?

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2018, 12:53:06 »

Shouty Farage has called our great leader 'Theresa the appeaser'

Not very nice, is it?

No but he has a point.

I don`t think that anyone that voted for brexit wanted this outcome.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.