Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dissapointed Newbie here............  (Read 3145 times)

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
Re: Dissapointed Newbie here............
« Reply #15 on: 25 June 2009, 12:18:31 »

I remember that the average increase in weight was well in excess of 50kg difference between pre and post 'lifts - thats a small person strapped to the car.

Amazing that the Carlton GSi was something like 1360kg?
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 June 2009, 12:25:03 »

I reckon your 3.2 requires a good major service, with new plugs (twin prong) and all breathers cleaned out! :D :D ;)

Quad electrodes for 3.2  :y

wizard

• milton keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 June 2009, 14:10:11 »

wow, thanks for all your replys....heres something which may get minds boggling a bit............. i bought my mv6 at 60k with fsh, i owned it a further 7 years and added 65k, no servicing apart from regular oil changes, it still flew like when i first aquired it... that was it, meanwhile my new 3.2 has only 72k with fsh....and as mentioned earlier does seem noticably slower but only in sport mode, feels like its been restricted !!, thanks again for your many comments, may check out a few ideas mentioned, spenny.b
sig removed by Admin as they do not comply with forum rules

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 June 2009, 17:13:33 »

I agree with Lizzie your miggy  probably needs a good service just had my 2.6 serviced the first time since I bought it the the difference is amazing it seems much more responsive and quieter for some reason.
Must be costing you a small fortune running it in sport mode, never needed to use it so far
« Last Edit: 25 June 2009, 17:14:07 by omegaman51 »
Born free taxed to death

smoothomega

• Omega Knight
  • Perth, Western Australia
  • 2002 2.2DTI CDX,
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 June 2009, 18:54:23 »

I recently changed my omega from a mini facelift elite estate to a facelift saloon cdx, i have to agree the ride quality in the facelift is not a patch on the elite, the mini facelift was so smooth, quiet and well built, the face lift however is harsh in comparison, the bloody door lock pins drive me up the wall and it being a diesel aside is a lot more noisey than the elite, i still am very undecided, the fuel consumption of the 2.2 dti does go a long way to make up for the shortfalls previously mentioned though, just knocking about i'm getting 36.7 mpg and on a run upward of 46 mpg  :y

wizard

• milton keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2009, 13:30:30 »

I agree with Lizzie your miggy  probably needs a good service just had my 2.6 serviced the first time since I bought it the the difference is amazing it seems much more responsive and quieter for some reason.
Must be costing you a small fortune running it in sport mode, never needed to use it so far

....only use sport mode in certain circumstances.....'chavs' for instance... ;)....but will give the engine a going over...no mention of air filter changes etc in the previous services........

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 June 2009, 15:52:00 »

I work in MK, if the servicing has been done by those retards up at Crownhill, assume its never been serviced.  They are perhaps the worse dealer garage I have ever seen.
Grumpy old man

wizard

• milton keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 June 2009, 19:43:44 »

Is this the lot which got caught out a few years ago for charging for work not carried out ??....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 June 2009, 12:42:27 »

Is this the lot which got caught out a few years ago for charging for work not carried out ??....
Wouldn't surprise me - they have certainly tried charging for work not done on my car, but refunded straight away when I have noisily proved them wrong in front of everyone.

My colleague got stung for £85 to reset airbag light on a vectra, only they said it wouldn't reset and needed further work. He declined, and I cleared the fault code, and it was all good until he sold it....
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2009, 23:42:46 »

I recently changed my omega from a mini facelift elite estate to a facelift saloon cdx, i have to agree the ride quality in the facelift is not a patch on the elite, the mini facelift was so smooth, quiet and well built, the face lift however is harsh in comparison, the bloody door lock pins drive me up the wall and it being a diesel aside is a lot more noisey than the elite, i still am very undecided, the fuel consumption of the 2.2 dti does go a long way to make up for the shortfalls previously mentioned though, just knocking about i'm getting 36.7 mpg and on a run upward of 46 mpg  :y

OOH YES!! The door pins! Hate them! Best design feature of the Carl/Senny/Mig them nice, flush door pins...until the facelift....grrrrr  >:(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.