Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meat Loaf Rocks.  (Read 882 times)

05omegav6

Meat Loaf Rocks.
« on: 20 May 2013, 23:35:51 »

Don't know if anyone has seen the "Farewell Tour" if you haven't then you have missed a stonking 3 1/4 hour show.

I was hoping to see it at the O2 in Lundun, but was stuck in bed with manflu. As fate would have it, the Nottingham and Manchester shows both got cancelled, and as soon as I heard that  the Nottingham gig would be rescheduled, I grabbed the first ticket I could, so glad I did 8)

I know Meat Loaf has alot in common with Marmite, but tonights show was phenomenal. No other word can describe it even if my voice worked long enough for me to try ::)

My feet are killing me though ;D

Rog

Re: Meat Loaf Rocks.
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2013, 08:41:47 »

Not a huge fan myself a bit mainstream, but I can imagine that he would put on a good show  :y

slowboy

• Intermediate Member
  • lode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2013, 16:43:56 »

in 1976 travelled in convoy with a friend from north Germany to Alasio Italy .took 2 days.he played"Bats out of hell"all the way,his only tape.devorced now! :'(

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2013, 18:20:05 »

Sadly missed out on getting tickets for this tour.Seen him twice before though,never been disappointed he certainly gives value for money with the shows he puts on.

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2013, 20:11:14 »

off to Manchester to see him on saturday

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2013, 20:28:15 »

off to Manchester to see him on saturday

Enjoy 8) if I could get another ticket and was free (which sadly I'm not :'(), then I would seriously consider going again :y
Phenomenal 8)

Only thing I will say is that if you want any merchandise then be near the front of the queue when the doors open :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2013, 00:55:48 »

Seen him before and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I think the farewell tour demanded too much money, which I didn't have at the time.
On the plus side, I did see Thunder, Whitesnake & Journey, and for less money.
Next month is Bon Jovi too. 

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2013, 01:52:15 »

My ticket was £45, I would have paid considerably more...

Worth every single penny imho :y

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2013, 16:23:56 »

well went to see him last night
thought I would park in the ncp multi storey car park as there was a man waving people in only to find they wanted 12pounds for the pleasure,but only discovered this fact when I was past the point of return.well I wasn't paying that and couldn't reverse out so after a bit of a fight they let me in to turn round found another car park for £3.
the concert
well what can I say the man could hardley walk,forgot what he was saying,struggled to breath, and couldn't hit the notes.
so worst concert ever?
NO

one of the best
 you know it didn't matter,the man has passion,he feels,breaths and lives the music is a showman,and gave 110 % and we all know the words any way and the atmosphere was buzzing.but I think if you missed him you wont get another chance [you have to wait for the new album next year]
well worth the 2hour drive and I even lashed out on a expensive tour hoodie[and I begrudge paying more than a fiver for a t/shirt]

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2013, 17:28:47 »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it :y

I suspect it will be his last European tour, perhaps one short one to Australia/New Zealand and another in North America, but I doubt we will see much more of him over here :'(

You did well to grab a hoodie :y they were like rocking horse poo at Nottingham ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.