Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctor Optis Inbox  (Read 2224 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Optis Inbox
« Reply #30 on: 20 March 2015, 11:12:35 »

They didn't take the piss out of your merc, did they? It didn't travel far enough for anyone to see it. ;D

It still hurts when I think about that money pit. :'( :'(

The Sheriff

« Reply #31 on: 20 March 2015, 12:04:15 »

Opti...let's try and scratch your itch once and for all.
You know as much about cars as anyone on here. Not the workings, but the makes, models, engine sizes, etc. You have mentioned cars that I have never heard of. So, on that point, no one on here is going to be able to suggest anything that you are not aware of.

If I'm correct, you want a big, comfortable cruiser with the ability to turn into a hooligan when necessary. There are cars like that, but they cost a fortune when new. For the money you are wanting to spend, you'll get one with high miles, that has possibly been abused and is basically ready for someone to start throwing money at it. An unmarked, low mileage, FSH would be out of your reach for that money.

I reckon you've been spoiled by the omega. A big luxury barge that's relatively quick for no money. I doubt you'd find another car that fits that particular bill.

What I do when I'm stuck is to go on the trader and look through all the manufacturers. Discount the ones I don't want. Then, from the manufacturers you would consider, look at the models. That way you may find what you're looking for, but I very much doubt it. You already know what's out there.....and, I'm afraid, it ain't much. There's nothing to get the pulse racing other than big, expensive jobs.
Get used to it.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 March 2015, 12:43:04 »

Opti...let's try and scratch your itch once and for all.
You know as much about cars as anyone on here. Not the workings, but the makes, models, engine sizes, etc. You have mentioned cars that I have never heard of. So, on that point, no one on here is going to be able to suggest anything that you are not aware of.

If I'm correct, you want a big, comfortable cruiser with the ability to turn into a hooligan when necessary. There are cars like that, but they cost a fortune when new. For the money you are wanting to spend, you'll get one with high miles, that has possibly been abused and is basically ready for someone to start throwing money at it. An unmarked, low mileage, FSH would be out of your reach for that money.

I reckon you've been spoiled by the omega. A big luxury barge that's relatively quick for no money. I doubt you'd find another car that fits that particular bill.

What I do when I'm stuck is to go on the trader and look through all the manufacturers. Discount the ones I don't want. Then, from the manufacturers you would consider, look at the models. That way you may find what you're looking for, but I very much doubt it. You already know what's out there.....and, I'm afraid, it ain't much. There's nothing to get the pulse racing other than big, expensive jobs.
Get used to it.

I do this but usually key in a 30-50 mile radius.

Never again will I drive /fly/ take the train to Scotland to pick up a wonderfully described car that in reality is no more than a bag of shit. :-\

The Merc I bought was owned a company director of a food processing plant and was located just 10 miles away.  :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 March 2015, 12:46:56 »

Your inbox is full again mr opti  ::)
Omegatitis

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 March 2015, 13:04:28 »

I find it's the only way to discourage the great unwashed. :) ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 March 2015, 18:27:23 »

I find it's the only way to discourage the great unwashed. :) ;)

???
Omegatitis
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.