Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealer Showrooms  (Read 1071 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Dealer Showrooms
« on: 20 January 2018, 20:12:56 »

While waiting for the 3.2 to be sorted today, I walked to a Vauxhall and Ford dealer. I wanted to compare the new Insignia vs Mondeo. (By actually sitting in them!)

What’s odd is neither dealer had one in its show room, the Vauxhall dealer did not have a single new shape Insignia. The Ford dealer had a handful of Mondeos. But these were outside, nothing inside.  :-\

They did have lots of crappy looking SUV’s like a Mokka  :(

No idea what the little Ford SUV was, but looked equally crap!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer Showrooms
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2018, 20:21:36 »

Fords little SUV is the Ecosport,don't know about the rest of it but the interior is Fiesta.They were built in India but I believe production has now moved possibly to Turkey and Ford proudly proclaim that build quality has been improved on the latest version-which is just as well as I'd hate o think it had got worse!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2018, 21:17:37 »

While waiting for the 3.2 to be sorted today, I walked to a Vauxhall and Ford dealer. I wanted to compare the new Insignia vs Mondeo. (By actually sitting in them!)

What’s odd is neither dealer had one in its show room, the Vauxhall dealer did not have a single new shape Insignia. The Ford dealer had a handful of Mondeos. But these were outside, nothing inside.  :-\

Why is it odd? just look at the number of Insignias and Mondeos on the road compared to mid size SUVs, or things like your Zafira. Those are the cars that the buying public - dealer's customers- actually want to see/try/buy. The bigger cars(and the Insignia etc is bigger than an Omega) are sold mostly to fleet buyers, where different purchasing arrangements apply. Not that a company based in a town in Germany built around the factory would take an entire company's worth of middle managers on the piss for four days in the hope of them signing a contract.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2018, 21:19:48 »

Back in the day I remember Omegas being in showrooms...

Also no Zafira’s in showroom either!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2018, 23:53:34 »

When I bought my one owner 2001 Omega in 2010, it was for sale in my local main dealers showroom, it had been reduced from £2995 to £1995 and looked absolutely immaculate & totally out of place with the other run of the mill Vauxhalls on offer.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2018, 00:49:33 »

In the Internet age being in business has got more & more competitive. Ask Uncle Rupert do you put the minor sellers in the centre of your sales offering or the major ones. Hint, it's not rocket science. ::) ::) ::)

A good and very successful multi-millionaire friend of mine when he was doing his MBA business degree said you always concentrate on the 90% who cause 10% of problems not the 10% who cause 90% of problems to make money :o :o :o and he is right. :y :y :y

Personally, I've never been afraid to sack a customer in the 10/90% category where you will lose money and have had plenty in my colourful business career, especially small distributors in the UK & much more so overseas, concentrate on the 90/10% where you will make your good sales & profits. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.