Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: And So It Starts  (Read 36619 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: And So It Starts
« Reply #150 on: 20 March 2011, 14:49:29 »

Still can't get the electrics in the seats to work, so still can't get them and the carpets out. .....
I really need the seats and carpets out before I start with the sparkly wand! :-/

Originally the car would have been supplied with a small crank handle to move the seat forward or backward in the event of the motor dying. It's a small 4 or 5 mm square drive in the motor, you could move it manually as a stop gap.  :y

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 20 March 2011, 15:04:04 »

Yeah, was told that Andy, but I can't find it.
I suppose I could get small square drive (assuming it's square) and stick it in a drill, cos by hand, it takes forever! :o
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 20 March 2011, 15:07:36 »

Yeah, was told that Andy, but I can't find it.
I suppose I could get small square drive (assuming it's square) and stick it in a drill, cos by hand, it takes forever! :o

A drill would be the way to go.  :y :y

sotmh

• Intermediate Member
  • london
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 21 March 2011, 12:07:56 »

When first seeing your work I initially thought you must have a keen interest in engineering or experience to carry out this.

From your revelation you're well qualified and was wondering what preparatiion you made eg, research, tech drawings etc.
Other oofers may be irnterested in this and if possible maybe posting it on here.

I would love to learn to do something like this, but alas I am an extremely long way from this. 

Keep up the good work. :y :y

I share everyones positive comments that you continue and look forward to seeing your progress
« Last Edit: 21 March 2011, 12:09:12 by wot »

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 21 March 2011, 18:51:00 »

When first seeing your work I initially thought you must have a keen interest in engineering or experience to carry out this.

From your revelation you're well qualified and was wondering what preparatiion you made eg, research, tech drawings etc.
Other oofers may be irnterested in this and if possible maybe posting it on here.

I would love to learn to do something like this, but alas I am an extremely long way from this. 

I share everyones positive comments that you continue and look forward to seeing your progress

I did an apprenticeship in thick plate working, involved on HGV trailers and road tankers, Van Diemen Formula Ford racing cars, Lotus cars, years of experience working with sheet metal, building BTCC, WTCC and WRC cars, coachbuilding for the likes of McClaren, Toyota, Subaru, Jaguar and WSB, then on to rail coachbuilding, then ending up building deep sea vehicles............ and all that helps when weighing a project like this up.

Being brutally honest, if I'd pulled my finger out, it would have been about finished by now!  :-[

:o*Slaps naked self with birch sticks* :o

sotmh

• Intermediate Member
  • london
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 23 March 2011, 13:25:37 »

massochist in moreways than one.  Well if you enjoy the things you do..........  :-X :y
« Last Edit: 23 March 2011, 13:25:54 by wot »

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 29 March 2011, 17:31:20 »

I did an apprenticeship in thick plate working, involved on HGV trailers and road tankers, Van Diemen Formula Ford racing cars, Lotus cars, years of experience working with sheet metal, building BTCC, WTCC and WRC cars, coachbuilding for the likes of McClaren, Toyota, Subaru, Jaguar and WSB, then on to rail coachbuilding, then ending up building deep sea vehicles............ and all that helps when weighing a project like this up.

Being brutally honest, if I'd pulled my finger out, it would have been about finished by now!  :-[

:o*Slaps naked self with birch sticks* :o

....a procrastinator, huh, Pete?

.....know the feeling..............
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 16 April 2011, 14:24:34 »

FINALLY!!!!!!

Got the front seats out by using an M5 tap in a drill - the square end of the tap fitted the end of the motor spot-on.:y
No point posting any pics of car without seats, safe to say there's some yucky stuff under the trims.............. :o

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 23 May 2011, 22:02:33 »

Well, it's not going any further- cost of fuel, road tax, insurance and I want to keep the Carlton going.
Sad, but head is ruling heart - which is getting to be a habit!

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 23 May 2011, 22:12:36 »

Gutted mate wanted to see this finished :'( :'( :'(.  I bet it would have been a great looker due to the look of your carlton.  Why not finish and then sell mate it could be worth doing it that way maybe due to the fact no one else has one. :y

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 23 May 2011, 22:18:24 »

Carlton needs some serious attention and doesn't like sitting outside!
Couldn't leave the truck outside, so it has to go. Quite happy to sell as-is to someone who wants to carry it on though.
All in the For Sale section. :y

Have to say that I'm gutted, but other things are taking up more and more of my time.

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 23 May 2011, 22:22:10 »

Wish i had your skill mate and the cash/space to finish it but sadly i'm crap at body work. ;D ;D ;D

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 23 May 2011, 22:42:52 »

Nooooo, I really wanted you to see this through  :(

I can sympathise with the money situation though mate, just hope it goes to a good home  :y
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.