Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Easter Chocolate Eggs  (Read 3222 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Post Easter Chocolate Eggs
« on: 24 April 2019, 17:47:00 »

I felt really sorry today for the Sainsbury's sales management team at Head Office.

Our local Sainsbury's still has today, the Wednesday after Easter hundreds of chocolate eggs stacked high, all at half price.

No doubt there are various factors contributing to that.  The main one is a very warm Easter, which always dented chocolate egg sales.  But locally we now have not only Lidl, but a brand new Aldi, alongside Asda, Tesco and Waitrose, so the competition has escalated dramatically.  In general though the Sales & Marketing team have obviously got their sales predictions very wrong, and I know how that feels!! :'( :'(

Anyone who loves chocolate eggs should visit their local superstore as I suspect it was not a good year generally for egg sales. Half price is OK, but I recommend you wait for them to go for less, below cost, as they will to get rid. 8) 8) ;)
« Last Edit: 24 April 2019, 17:51:28 by Lizzie Zoom »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Post Easter Chocolate Eggs
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2019, 18:06:57 »

SWMBO works at ASDA and brought home a damaged Thornton's egg on Mon ..... £2 (minus staff 10% discount  :):y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2019, 18:18:08 »

SWMBO works at ASDA and brought home a damaged Thornton's egg on Mon ..... £2 (minus staff 10% discount  :):y

That's a good price for a Thornton's! :D :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2019, 18:35:48 »

I was out at shops with swmbo today and she came home with e few easter shaped chocolate goodies for a fraction of the marked price - and a smile on her face.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2019, 19:30:36 »

I cured my Cadbury Crème Egg fettish a few years back just after Easter, when Tesco had loads of them left.  So I bought the lot for about £10.

I now try to avoid supermarkets just after Easter, as its not nice being in the chunder zone all the time.  Mind you, I avoid supermarkets all the time.  That said, I might still technically be barred from the local Tesco.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2019, 20:36:52 »

I have a couple of Container Loads of Hans Christian Anderson's Chocolate Ducks going cheap if anyone is interested.

Each Duck has its own Name but thats not important right now, Free Permanent Marker Pens are available upon request if required.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2019, 10:44:54 »

I have a couple of Container Loads of Hans Christian Anderson's Chocolate Ducks going cheap if anyone is interested.

Each Duck has its own Name but thats not important right now, Free Permanent Marker Pens are available upon request if required.

;D
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2019, 12:37:46 »

I don't think Sainsbury's or Asda will be impressed with their late Easter present today from the government Competition Authority where their merger has been blocked. :-X

Personally, I agree with it as two companies (Tesco & Sainsbury's-Asda) would then have 60%+ of the UK grocery market if this had gone ahead. :( The big 4 are high profit retailers compared to the normal mainland European model of 2% net profits, which was what ALDI UK was with the last accounts I saw for them & they are certainly slightly cheaper than the Lidl opposite them & much cheaper than the massive Tesco just down the road from me. Our local M&S still haven't got this pricing thing right where on the very odd occasion I've been in there individual items seem to be priced on the basis of buying the building. I think we might also still have a local Waitrose, but I wouldn't know as I've never been in there where they have a reputation of pricing like M&S.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2019, 12:50:31 »

My supermarket shop is very simple. That's reasonable, I'll have it, that's fickin dear, shove it. My local Asda has stopped selling legs of lamb, no one was touching them at almost twenty quid.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2019, 13:42:12 »

My supermarket shop is very simple. That's reasonable, I'll have it, that's fickin dear, shove it. My local Asda has stopped selling legs of lamb, no one was touching them at almost twenty quid.
Shop-lifters  ???
more being nicked than sold perhaps  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2019, 13:51:45 »

Shop-lifters  ???
That actually used to be the case with tins of red salmon in Liverpool, the Echo did a story on it years ago. No barcodes and security tags back then.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2019, 14:42:09 »

Shop-lifters  ???
That actually used to be the case with tins of red salmon in Liverpool, the Echo did a story on it years ago. No barcodes and security tags back then.

That does not stop them, and that is just the staff let alone "customers" ::) ::) :D :D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2019, 22:53:17 »

Easter eggs were 75% off in Sainsburys today. Swmbo bought 14 of them !  :o ::) ;D ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 April 2019, 11:34:52 »

Easter eggs were 75% off in Sainsburys today. Swmbo bought 14 of them !  :o ::) ;D ;D

Yes, they will keep on reducing to clear knowing they have taken a big hit, whilst selling millions overall, so all not too bad!! 8) 8) ;)

Lovely cheap chocolate, yum, yum! 8) 8)  Bloody shame I am a diabetic! :'( :'( :'(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 April 2019, 15:59:28 »

Seem to remember buying diabetic friendly chocolate for my Dad years ago. Possibly from Thorntons ?  :-\
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.