Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I am in it...BIG time !!!!!!  (Read 3694 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
I am in it...BIG time !!!!!!
« on: 01 May 2019, 12:19:56 »

Hi all,
On March 29th, we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. The kids decided we would have a family week's holiday in Yorkshire. Primrose Valley, just outside Filey, in fact. From there, swmbo and me went to stay with a friend in Little Neston, just on the Wirral.
We came back overnight Saturday. Next day, I opened the man cave door, and geez, what a stink. When I turned of the internet and computer, I forgot that the upright fridge freezer is on the same circuit. OMG.....the house stinks like 50,000 crabs have died and rotted.
Needless to say, all the food has gone beyond rotten, and has been disposed of. You could smell it in the bin from the top of the road !!! :)
The house still reeks....how can we get rid of the smell without buying a new fridge freezer. Its beyond a joke.
I am surprised TB hasn't been on here commenting about the stink hanging over Brackley. :)
Obviously, I am not flavour of the month !!!!!! :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

Re: I am in it...BIG time !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2019, 12:32:20 »

I'm sure there will be a multitude of remedies for your stinky freezer on YouTube, Tony, but as for your..........erm.........forgetfulness.......... ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2019, 12:33:41 »

I understand that carbon granules absorb smells, but can you get enough to do the job? Could your insurance cover this - it was an accident, after all?

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2019, 12:34:32 »

Bicarb or Dettol antibac fridge cleaner :y

A new freezer might be more effective all round :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2019, 12:36:23 »

I understand that carbon granules absorb smells, but can you get enough to do the job? Could your insurance cover this - it was an accident, after all?

Ron.
I'm not sure, Ron. These days, if you leave your keys in your car, you've had it as far as insurance is concerned. Switching off your freezer is on a par, I would suggest.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2019, 12:37:56 »

If Fuse 19 is half the fella I think he is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Terbs' username mysteriously changed to Stinky Tony.  ;D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2019, 12:45:38 »

I have tried to blag my way out of this by telling swmbo it would not have happened if she would have queried whether the fridge freezer was still on.
As this is a family forum, I can't post the response !!!!!!! :(
Geez....as I type this I am verging on unconsciousness with the stink......

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2019, 12:51:49 »

I wondered who'd turned the Internet off. I mean, I haven't been able to get on YouTube for a month. Terbs, next time, can you just leave it (and the freezer) on?  :P

[edit] Oh and .. happy Anniversary! It won't be one you'll forget, that's for sure. Might be the last, by the sound of it, though ;) ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2019, 12:55:05 »

Surely the freezer, with its cold contents, should have stayed cold for what was only two days? Complain to the manufacturers for their inadequate insulation?

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2019, 12:59:16 »

Treat Mrs Terbs to a new fridge freezer, eat lots of humble pie and the storm will pass over.... Eventually!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2019, 13:02:55 »

Surely the freezer, with its cold contents, should have stayed cold for what was only two days? Complain to the manufacturers for their inadequate insulation?

Ron.

My dear Ron, it was off for 15 days !!!! Or are you wanting me to tell porky pies to whoever...tut, tut :)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2019, 13:40:43 »

Obviously, I am not flavour of the month !!!!!! :(

Just persuade her that the flavour of month is 50,000 rotten crabs.   ;D

Could the freezer be taken outside, jet washed and then left to air?
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2019, 14:03:45 »

After having a load of  fresh fish which stinks out a 40ft fridge trailer, you wash it out with cold water then sprinkle coffee granules over the floor, leave for 12 hours, smell is gone... Alternatively take fridge outside wash out with a warm soapy wash, and then dry, leave a bowl of bicarbonate inside, doors closed.

Also can't see how it stunk house out as a fridge has air-tight seal.  Untill door is opened
Hoof'land storeman.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 May 2019, 14:10:02 »

After having a load of  fresh fish which stinks out a 40ft fridge trailer, you wash it out with cold water then sprinkle coffee granules over the floor, leave for 12 hours, smell is gone... Alternatively take fridge outside wash out with a warm soapy wash, and then dry, leave a bowl of bicarbonate inside, doors closed.

Also can't see how it stunk house out as a fridge has air-tight seal.  Untill door is opened

Air tight seals or not....it stank...…..lots of fish in it. opening the door nearly floored you !!! The freezer is below the fridge, but the fridge stinks also. Its one of these tall all in one things with freezer below and fridge on top. Only 8 months old. Don't fancy trying to get it outside.....may try the coffee idea though. She has got cat litter in both at the moment. :)
PS...off topic, but why cant' I use smiley's or highlight on here, or anything on the toolbar, come to that !!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2019, 15:07:09 »

Stop press: Terbs in "wrong switch" shocker!  :D

On a serious note, though, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It must be horrendous.  :(

One suggestion I've heard is to get a few bags of barbecue charcoal, cut them open or empty them into some trays and leave them lying around to absorb the niff.

I would be tempted to turn the freezer back on, shut the door and leave it to freeze down again, on the basis that the aftermath will be nicer to deal with once it's re-frozen. You might have some hassle separating the food from the shelves, mind.

Definitely get it out of the house if you can. Can you shift it with a sack trolley?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.