Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fat  (Read 3374 times)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Fat
« Reply #45 on: 28 December 2009, 22:06:16 »

Agree about storage-always got changed at other end and had soft shoes etc, plus towel etc if by the sea.

Can't see the point in going somewhere just to preen and then going home again-like Matlock...

Maybe I am just old  ;)

Nope, when i took the Yam out to a bike day, when i got there, i thought what the fook do i do with my jacket and helmet? It was a hot day, i had to carry the lot around all day in my bike gear, was horrible.

GS pulled up beside, off came all bike gear, into a box, jeans and t-shirt on, and away......

That, and Long Way Around did it for me

I sold my RT in 2006 just as Long Way was out-if anything it put me off as anyone could go anywhere on anything with that support crew.  Plus I cannot stand whingeing Charley Boorman at all.

Fact is that many bikers would be better suited to a BMW bike than their Ninja Mutant Hero Turtle nonsense.

No-one on anything fast ever left me on the RT-I had years of experience and confidence, plus the high riding position gave me better ability to see further ahead and plan better, the comfort helped me concentrate harder, the telelever and ABS gave me more confidence; you could ride hard to a professional Roadcraft system and so even if they pulled away on a straight, you'd pass them on the next complex series of bends due to better experience and planning.

Hugely entertaining watching the "born again biker" on the Blackbird or 'Busa failing to leave you, then pretending to relax and enjoy the scenery after a few miles  ;D ;D ;D

This is why I liked the BMW RTs enough to have 3; low maintenance, great back-up, proper luggage and enough grip and go to infuriate the plastic rockets  ;D

I never laughed so much  ;)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28 December 2009, 22:09:04 »

Mind you, I was a brave loon on my hilarious selection of old MZs round the twisties...but all was done at 70mph

Surprised a few riders ;D ;D ;D

waspy

« Reply #47 on: 29 December 2009, 09:45:26 »

Question?

Why is it that someone who is tall and skinny or someone who is short and fat is such a verbal focus point to others.  To the point where they get fairly abusive in the way they refer to them...........    Are they jealous?

It doesn't matter what weight you are or how you look so long as you're happy with yourself.
I'm 5'9" & the last time i weighed myself i was 12 & half stone (i don't have any scales)

I walk miles everyday & i'm fitter than most half my age :)
« Last Edit: 29 December 2009, 09:45:55 by waspy »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29 December 2009, 11:51:08 »

Question?

Why is it that someone who is tall and skinny or someone who is short and fat is such a verbal focus point to others.  To the point where they get fairly abusive in the way they refer to them...........    Are they jealous?

It doesn't matter what weight you are or how you look so long as you're happy with yourself.
I'm 5'9" & the last time i weighed myself i was 12 & half stone (i don't have any scales)

Anyone half my age is still old! ;D ;D ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 December 2009, 17:30:36 »

Just found a collection of pictures of women in the 20 stone + group, might post them later.   ;D ;D
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 December 2009, 17:33:50 »

Just found a collection of pictures of women in the 20 stone + group, might post them later.   ;D ;D

......what a wonderful visual feast that will be Skruntie...........you really must stop spoiling us so much. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 December 2009, 17:38:56 »

Just for you Optimist, and theres others.  :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

KillerWatt

« Reply #52 on: 29 December 2009, 21:46:00 »

It's down to genetics IMO Pete.

All of my family from great-grandparents on have drunk like fish, smoked like chimneys, easily made it to their late nineties, and always scored 100% in any health check no matter how little they did in the way of exercise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.