Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.5dti a/c fans not working, engine quite hot  (Read 698 times)

lenov

• omega 2.5dti
    • View Profile
Omega 2.5dti a/c fans not working, engine quite hot
« on: 07 July 2014, 18:11:24 »

Hi! My 2003 Omega 2.5dti a/c fans are not working. I did the pin test and they worked, but not in normal operation. While not driving, it blows warm air, if i drive 65mph, then the air coming out is slightly colder, but still warm(fans not cooling radiators?). I checked all fuses and they were fine, except one yellow under the bonnet(no idea for what). Then i noticed that coolant temp was 93-94C, fan between radiator and engine seems to work fine. I don't know if these two thing are related or a/c vent helps cooling engine too?

dandor

• skipton
    • Omega CDX 2.6V6 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.5dti a/c fans not working, engine quite hot
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2014, 21:33:22 »

Hi mate, I've just had a can of worms with my ac system, all sorted now thank god. Is your ac system low on gas? If its too low there is a pressure switch in the system that will detect this and put simply will not let the ac work at all. If there is sufficient gas in the system when you switch it on both radiator cooling fans should come on immediately. Hope this helps.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2014, 10:30:30 »

Worth checking the radiator switches - these are on the top and bottom of the left side of radiator, just under top hose, and above the red drain plug.

Additionally, if the oil servicing has been a bit neglected in the past, its worth doing an oil flush if the engine keeps getting hot every time you drive reasonably hard for a mile or 2.
Grumpy old man

lenov

• omega 2.5dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2014, 20:03:03 »

Well, i changed that radiator switch, it seems that old one was working fine as well. Maybe thermostat or water pump? I think my A/C is out of gas too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.